The Grape Vine Twist

Tim Twiss

Aug 18, 2008, 9:06:59 AM8/18/08
to Minstrel Banjo
Hey Minstrel/Stroke Pals....I just finished a new CD called "The Grape
Vine Twist", and as difficult as it is to blow my own horn, I wanted
to let you all know it is available. There are 19 instrumental tracks
on it with lots of percussion. I actually had it mastered and
replicated for maximum quality. There is a handsome painting on the
cover, done by a local artist in Michigan. It is on CD Baby and has
electronic distribution also, but I wanted to make it available to all
my friends here...the bargain price of $10.00 including shipping.
Check, Visa, or PayPal works great and we can run them through my
music store for a secure purchase. Hope you are able to provide some
support for our quirky little genre. These are all fresh tracks, and
go from Briggs' to the Converse Analytical. I was going to bring them
to AEBG III, but obviously this is not to be in 2008. (it might have
covered my gas).
Contact me for further info. Thanks!
Tim Twiss
www.milfordmusic.com
248-889-8200

trapdoor2

Aug 18, 2008, 9:25:30 AM8/18/08
to Minstrel Banjo
Sweet! I'll send my order in this evening...

===Marc

GCA

Aug 18, 2008, 11:14:27 AM8/18/08
to Minstrel Banjo
I got my copy and I have to say that Tim has done an amazing job! I
greatly enjoyed his first CD, but this second one truly reflects a
musician who not only takes period music quite seriously, but also
interprets it with exemplary creativity and thoughtfulness.

I'm definitely a fan,
Greg

Tim Twiss

Aug 25, 2008, 9:38:11 PM8/25/08
to Minstrel Banjo
Hey, thanks to everybody that bought "Grape Vine Twist".
Tim

trapdoor2

Aug 26, 2008, 2:28:29 PM8/26/08
to Minstrel Banjo
Holy Moley! I received my copy in the mail yesterday and finally got
to give it a listen whilst driving around doing lunchtime errands.
I'm with Greg, Tim's first effort was very good but this one blows the
roof off. If I had to gripe about the first CD, it was just a bit on
the tentative side. Here however, Tim is solid, confidant and
striding along with his head up and a spring in his step.

It helps that the recording level is up. The first CD was very quiet;
when it comes on the ipod, I have to boost the volume a good bit. Not
so "Grape Vine Twist". If I had to be picky, I would say something
about the too-loud bass drum. However, I just turn the bass EQ down a
bit and smile.

Another big plus is the arrangements/orchestration. When I heard the
train whistle effect and the chuff of the sand-blocks, I knew
"Railroad Polka" was coming thru...perfect! Like Bob W. says in the
notes, "Narraganset Jig" is the "hit single" from the CD.

Great work Tim, thank you for a great CD!!

===Marc

Tim Twiss

Aug 27, 2008, 9:06:53 PM8/27/08
to Minstrel Banjo
Thanks Marc!
Re: the volume thing, I had the project mastered, and I am glad I
did.