Suwannee Banjo Camp 3.18-20, 2011, High Springs,FL

lev...@aol.com

Oct 3, 2010, 7:23:51 PM10/3/10
to tom-b...@googlegroups.com
The 7th Annual Suwannee Banjo Camp will take place at beautiful O’Leno State Park, in High Springs, Florida, from March 18-20th.  We are very excited to present the top players and teachers in Bluegrass and Old-time music.

On the Bluegrass side of the coin, we are excited to add Alan Munde r, and to welcome back Tony Trischka, Janet Davis, Scott Anderson, and James McKinney.

Our Old-Time track features Cathy Barton Para, Mac Benford, Paul Brown, Adam Hurt, Chuck Levy, Reed Martin, and Ken Perlman.

New for 2011:

The big news for 2011 is that we are offering an optional additional day.  Our official 3-day program, which starts in the afternoon on Friday March 18th, is rightly known for its intensity and for the quality of banjo instruction.  Our faculty is pressed hard to deliver not only in class, but also in concert and in structured jams.  In order to expand the opportunity to get to know the faculty more informally, we are offering a pre-program running from Thursday afternoon through Friday morning (March 17-18).  The structure of the pre-program is looser, allowing more time for the spontaneous, including faculty discussions, demonstrations, conversations, combinations, as well as time for student mixing and playing.  This should be low-pressure and lots of fun.

In addition we are thrilled to welcome Alan Jabbour back to offer a full old-time fiddle track.  Alan is one of our favorite fiddlers, and a real trailblazer in old-time music.  We are proud to offer the chance to learn from this true master fiddler.

Greg Adams will be leading a Minstrel Banjo/Ekonting track.  Greg is an accomplished banjoist, devoted to the minstrel styles and their connection to musics and peoples of West Africa.  His brilliant playing, deep understanding, and enthusiastic teaching have earned him his own track.

Sign up before December 15th for our early bird discount.
Check www.suwanneebanjocamp.com for full bios, questions, registration, etc.

Hope you will join us in March 2011.

Yours,
Chuck Levy