Question: Illegal tiddler titles as namespace for features

33 прегледи
Прескокни до првата непрочитана порака

TonyM

непрочитано,
18.10.2020, во 20:30:5218.10.20
до TiddlyWikiDev
Folks,

There is a warning not to use curly braces or square brackets in the tiddler titles

eg {text}

There is also a warning for [ ] square barckets.

eg [prefix[prefix[]] such as a filter. I understand this and would notmake use of these as a rule.

However you can actually create tiddlers with these as such, I am wondering the following;
  • I understand for general use these tiddler names are problematic because they will need special handling to allow parsing and transclusion etc...
    • That is these rules should be followed in general
  • However I am keen to look at using such braces in special tiddlers for handling various cases.
    • An example may be using {fieldname} as a tiddler that provides view and edit code for each fieldname.
    • I could hide it behind a $:/fields/fieldname but I am finding value using such short names because it is easy to remember, just bracket.
    • It has the added advantage of being searchable fieldname will list {fieldname}
    • Perhaps I could even use {!!fieldname} as a field tiddlers title.
  • I am already making use of the permitted (transcludableTiddler) naming standard.
  • I do not recall why I saw value in tiddlers named as a filter but I do remember it could add a great deal of functionality.
I am currently working on a content authoring tool that allows quick insertion of other tiddlers titles into the authors text, having field tiddlers could do the same help insert a fieldname into wikitext

Thanks in advance for you thoughts

Tones/Tony
Одговор до сите
Одговорете му на авторот