Tiddloid - A new android editor is to be released

donmor3000

May 18, 2019, 2:11:45 PM5/18/19
to tiddly...@googlegroups.com

Finally it is ready to be published...after about two months.

Project on GitHub: https://github.com/donmor/Tiddloid

You can clone it and build by yourself, or get apk from RELEASE.

TonyM

May 18, 2019, 9:27:42 PM5/18/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
donmor3000

Thanks for your contribution. I posted in the GitHub issues as anthony in relation to a single wiki app method.

Regards
Tony

On Sunday, May 19, 2019 at 4:11:45 AM UTC+10, donmor3000 wrote:

img01.pngimg02.png

Finally it is ready to be published...after about two months.

Project on GitHub: https://github.com/donmor/Tiddloid

Currently you can clone it and build by yourself. For binaries, these links are preserved that will be accessible after the apk is included.

Nightly Build (could be seldom updated, though):
Get it on F-Droid(Built by F-Droid)

Release Build (not updating for a long time unless critical bugs reported):
酷安(Built by myself)

Please note that the signature of the apk could differs between the two builds that you have to uninstall the app before changing the build.

donmor3000

May 19, 2019, 1:26:53 AM5/19/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
Thanks a lot!
BTW I created a pull request to Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5 a few days ago. I added an attribute to videoparser.js and audioparser.js to scale videos and audios to fit the parent frame.

在 2019年5月19日星期日 UTC+8上午9:27:42,TonyM写道:

TonyM

May 19, 2019, 2:50:04 AM5/19/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
donmor3000

Sounds like we are lucky to have you in the community.

Regards
Tony

Jeremy Ruston

May 19, 2019, 7:05:53 AM5/19/19
to tiddly...@googlegroups.com
Hi Donmor

Congratulations. Do feel free to send a PR to add a new “Resources” tiddler to tiddlywiki.com.

Best wishes

Jeremy.

donmor3000

May 20, 2019, 12:33:56 AM5/20/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
Thanks. I sent the PR minutes ago.
BTW I uploaded an apk to my repository on github so that everyone can get it before included into app stores.

在 2019年5月19日星期日 UTC+8下午7:05:53,Jeremy Ruston写道:
Hi Donmor

Congratulations. Do feel free to send a PR to add a new “Resources” tiddler to tiddlywiki.com.

Best wishes

Jeremy.

TonyM

May 20, 2019, 1:03:37 AM5/20/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
donmor I will try and get hold of the app and provide any feedback

Tony

@TiddlyTweeter

May 20, 2019, 11:28:27 AM5/20/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
I'd like to try it ...  on the first link my browser does not find it ...

F.Driod (https://f-droid.org/packages/top.donmor.tiddloid) redirects to an address that did not work on click ...

Annotation 2019-05-20 172241.jpg

 On the second link my virus scanner does not like it ...

Annotation 2019-05-20 171653.jpg

I am stuck. I'd like to see it. But safely.

Do you have another address?

Best wishes
Josiah

Handoko Suwono

May 20, 2019, 2:26:14 PM5/20/19
to tiddly...@googlegroups.com
How does it differ with andtidwiki?

https://tiddlywiki.com/static/Saving%2520on%2520Android.html

handoko -
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywikidev/e88e03a4-f1c4-46dc-b465-6f95b5c631fa%40googlegroups.com.

@TiddlyTweeter

May 20, 2019, 2:53:36 PM5/20/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
AndTidWiki does not function correctly on modern Android.

The comparison should be with the excellent QUINOID --- https://github.com/Marxsal/Quinoid01/tree/v0.0.8alpha

Best wishes
Josiah

On 5/20/19, @TiddlyTweeter <tiddly...@assays.tv> wrote:
> I'd like to try it ...  on the first link my browser does not find it ...
>
> F.Driod (https://f-droid.org/packages/top.donmor.tiddloid) redirects to an
> address that did not work on click ...
>
> [image: Annotation 2019-05-20 172241.jpg]
>
>  On the second link my virus scanner does not like it ...
>

> [image: Annotation 2019-05-20 171653.jpg]
>

> I am stuck. I'd like to see it. But safely.
>
> Do you have another address?
>
> Best wishes
> Josiah

donmor3000

May 21, 2019, 4:41:09 AM5/21/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
  • It downloads empty.html from tiddlywiki.com automatically on the first startup. You can also update this template in settings.
  • Create latest file or import existing file. Your file can be placed anywhere. On some devices Tiddloid can get permission to write on external sd or usb drives, otherwise anywhere on internal storage is ok.
  • On devices above Lollipop importing and exporting(partial) is enabled.
  • Video and audio support, since hardware accelerate is enabled.
  • You can fork a TW5 website by googling or typing its url, and then click save button on it.
  • Backup system that is compatible with TiddlyDesktop.

在 2019年5月21日星期二 UTC+8上午2:26:14,Handoko Suwono写道:
How does it differ with andtidwiki?

https://tiddlywiki.com/static/Saving%2520on%2520Android.html

handoko -

On 5/20/19, @TiddlyTweeter <tiddly...@assays.tv> wrote:
> I'd like to try it ...  on the first link my browser does not find it ...
>
> F.Driod (https://f-droid.org/packages/top.donmor.tiddloid) redirects to an
> address that did not work on click ...
>
> [image: Annotation 2019-05-20 172241.jpg]
>
>  On the second link my virus scanner does not like it ...
>

> [image: Annotation 2019-05-20 171653.jpg]
>

> I am stuck. I'd like to see it. But safely.
>
> Do you have another address?
>
> Best wishes
> Josiah

donmor3000

May 21, 2019, 4:45:59 AM5/21/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
These two links are not accessible because my app was not included into the two markets yet.

But I just uploaded an apk to github. You can download it from the RELEASE link.

Otherwise you can build from source if you have Android Studio installed on your PC.

在 2019年5月20日星期一 UTC+8下午11:28:27,@TiddlyTweeter写道:

donmor3000

May 21, 2019, 5:49:27 AM5/21/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
A bug related to NotificationCompat that crashes the app had been fixed. Please download the latest apk from github and update your app ASAP.

在 2019年5月19日星期日 UTC+8上午2:11:45,donmor3000写道:

img01.pngimg02.png

Finally it is ready to be published...after about two months.

Project on GitHub: https://github.com/donmor/Tiddloid

@TiddlyTweeter

May 21, 2019, 12:51:14 PM5/21/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
Ciao

I managed to get it to download it and get it running.

To be honest i can't see the advantage over Quinoid which allows multiple wiki, has fetch capabilities for any remote wiki you want via a template (via a user editable JSON).

I think its good it exists, but I can't yet see the advantage over what we have already?

Best wishes
Josiah

David Shaw

May 21, 2019, 3:25:08 PM5/21/19
to tiddly...@googlegroups.com
Well, for me, the advantage is that, unlike AndTidWiki or Quinoid, Tiddloid will open file: links to files on my external SD card and not just from internal storage, correctly opening an app chooser when there's more than one appropriate app. Finally, I can properly catalogue my somewhat excessive collection of epubs and pdfs and open them directly from the wiki. Yay!

David Shae

@TiddlyTweeter

May 21, 2019, 3:43:50 PM5/21/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
Thanks for that point!

Best wishes
Josiah
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tiddly...@googlegroups.com.

TonyM

May 24, 2019, 11:21:10 PM5/24/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
Folks,

I really can not find the releases link or the apk file anywhere.

Any help please?

Regards
Tony

On Sunday, May 19, 2019 at 4:11:45 AM UTC+10, donmor3000 wrote:

img01.pngimg02.png

Finally it is ready to be published...after about two months.

Ton Gerner

May 25, 2019, 1:25:17 AM5/25/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
Hi Tony,

Tiddloid.png

Cheers,

Ton

TonyM

May 26, 2019, 12:09:41 AM5/26/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
Thanks Ton

I am sure it was not there when I looked, but it is now.

Bloody internet gremlins, or is that gremlins in me?

Tony

TonyM

May 26, 2019, 4:50:10 AM5/26/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
Donmore

I have only just started to test the app and is seems quick. Android 6.0

I love the forking process direct from url, im not sure how search works.

There is a message that the wiki has not saved when I move away from it although the changes have been saved.

Great work. I will keep testing.

Regards
Tony

donmor3000

May 27, 2019, 5:11:38 AM5/27/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
A new release version (1.1.0) have been published.

I saw an issue and made this version. A feature to create shortcut to existing wikis was added.

在 2019年5月19日星期日 UTC+8上午2:11:45,donmor3000写道:

img01.pngimg02.png

Finally it is ready to be published...after about two months.

Vincent Yeh

May 29, 2019, 6:45:28 AM5/29/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
This is what I have been looking for! Thanks a lot, donmor3000!

One little thing is that the little bar with zooming buttons can block the content sometimes, would be much better if this can be avoided somehow.

Still, it's a nice work, thanks a lot!

donmor3000

Jun 2, 2019, 11:29:52 PM6/2/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
Are you using TWC in Tiddloid? Zooming buttons shows only in TWC 'cause it have no mobile mode.

在 2019年5月29日星期三 UTC+8下午6:45:28,Vincent Yeh写道:

Stefan Pfister

Jun 3, 2019, 12:35:40 AM6/3/19
to tiddly...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Really a good app with an intuitive interface. Starts verry fast on my Android 6.0. I like the automatic backup function too. Well done.

Regards
Stefan

J Mc

Jun 21, 2019, 12:22:37 PM6/21/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
Hi David,
I like you, would like to open pdf files in Tiddloid.
I am having some problems.
I get an error on loading Tiddloid re: Template
I can read and edit tiddlers in my wiki but not see pdf files on my sd card.
I am using android v5.1.1 and firefox browser.
Could you offer me some help regarding your set-up, file location, etc.

Thanks
J Mc

Yakov

Jun 22, 2019, 1:18:04 PM6/22/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
Hi,

this is a great addition to TW saving ecosystem, thanks!

Some notes:
  • donmor, looks like you have adapted the saving engine from TiddlyFox; it there any particular reason why you restricted loading to just TW itself instead of loading via xhr like in TF? It doesn't work or any other reason? (I'm using SharedTiddlersPlugin for customizing my TWs so it would be nice to enable loading)
  • load time is very nice indeed (especially compared to FireFox), this is great!
  • Tony, although that may be just a bug, that also may be related to the absence of the "saving failed" event which makes it impossible to write success reporting consistently. Recently I've proposed an extension of the event system here, I hope we'll come to an agreement about this, although there were no reply yet
  • donmor, do you have any idea how difficult would it be to extend the app to be multitab?
  • does Tiddloid support cookies/localStorage/.. or options should be "baked" to survive TW reload reopen? (well, at least is it expected to support cookies if you haven't tested that?)
  • where the template for new TW is held? I'd like to use a customized TWC instead of TW5 there, but I don't see any Tiddloid folder in main storage, neither I can see the definition of getFilesDir in sources

Best regards,
Yakov.

donmor3000 <donmo...@gmail.com> schrieb am Mo., 3. Juni 2019, 05:29:
Are you using TWC in Tiddloid? Zooming buttons shows only in TWC 'cause it have no mobile mode.

在 2019年5月29日星期三 UTC+8下午6:45:28,Vincent Yeh写道:
This is what I have been looking for! Thanks a lot, donmor3000!

One little thing is that the little bar with zooming buttons can block the content sometimes, would be much better if this can be avoided somehow.

Still, it's a nice work, thanks a lot!

TonyM

Jun 23, 2019, 4:43:15 AM6/23/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
Yakov

I have done some research into the dirty indicator and is relates to browsers and some css on the body element. A fuynction is called when numbchanges > 0 to do something equivalent to

this.$window.onbeforeunload = () => undefined;

OR

window.onbeforeunload = function () {
  // blank function do nothing
}

It is the browser causing the popup, and I expect the local storage plugin, Tiddloid, Bob and others are not ensuring this trigger is stopped after saving, so the browser will not let the window/tab close without a message after saving is complete, even although all is saved. It just asks are you sure we want to leave, If you may another change this will be triggered again.

See $:/core/modules/saver-handler.js

Update the document body with the class "tc-dirty" if the wiki has unsaved/unsynced changes
*/
SaverHandler.prototype.updateDirtyStatus = function() {
	if($tw.browser) {
		$tw.utils.toggleClass(document.body,"tc-dirty",this.isDirty());
	}
};

Regards
Tony

scot

Jun 26, 2019, 3:34:04 PM6/26/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
Hello donmor3000

Can Tiddloid be used to view pdf files on an SD card using  a  _canonical_uri field, I can't get it to work.

Scot

donmor3000

Jul 20, 2019, 5:35:23 AM7/20/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
Sorry but I'm afraid webview cannot load pdf files. I tried pdf.js and strangely it only works with online urls.

在 2019年6月27日星期四 UTC+8上午3:34:04,scot写道:

donmor3000

Jul 20, 2019, 5:40:53 AM7/20/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
Actually I had added dirty indicator to Tiddloid in the latest commit(not in released apk yet).

在 2019年6月23日星期日 UTC+8下午4:43:15,TonyM写道:

donmor3000

Jul 20, 2019, 6:12:50 AM7/20/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
Hi,

For some reasons the project was paused for a couple of time.
  • I have forgot why using the saving engine from TiddlyFox XD
  • Really? So it depends on phones(on my avd it's quite slow)
  • I'm not sure what are you and Tony talking about D-:
  • To be honest this idea could push the version to 2.0 'cause it is necessary to rewrite the whole app, and I'm not ready for it
  • It's normally supported by webview
  • The template is stored into the internal storage. It can't be modified unless you root your phone. You can get another template manually(for example, TWC - https://classic.tiddlywiki.com/empty.html), copying the file to /sdcard/somewhere/filename.html and import it into Tiddloid.

在 2019年6月23日星期日 UTC+8上午1:18:04,Yakov写道:

TonyM

Jul 20, 2019, 8:29:16 AM7/20/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
The only thing I was taking about was the prompt stopping us leaving a wiki with an "are you sure you want to leave" prompt, even after its fully saved.

I shared some research.

Tony

donmor3000

Jul 20, 2019, 10:48:08 AM7/20/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
Well, I had added dirty indicator to Tiddloid in the latest commit(not in released apk yet). The prompt shows up only if the wiki is "dirty" now.

在 2019年7月20日星期六 UTC+8下午8:29:16,TonyM写道:

TonyM

Jul 21, 2019, 2:33:50 AM7/21/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
Than a great work

Tony

donmor3000

Jul 21, 2019, 11:12:13 AM7/21/19
to TiddlyWikiDev

New Release Published!

New Features:

  • Added dirty indicator(The confirm window shows up only if the wiki is "dirty"). (Issue #2)
  • Fixed some bugs of shortcut feature. (Issue #1)

Mohammad

Jul 21, 2019, 1:07:39 PM7/21/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
Wonderful!

Star it and appreciate your great efforts.

Best
Mohammad

donmor3000

Jul 22, 2019, 12:52:29 PM7/22/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
Fixed some bugs just now. Pls update your installtion.

在 2019年7月21日星期日 UTC+8下午11:12:13,donmor3000写道:

Mohammad

Jul 24, 2019, 5:41:09 AM7/24/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
Thank you for update!

donmor3000

Jul 26, 2019, 12:57:37 AM7/26/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
Another update have been performed to fix a bug. Pls update your installtion.

在 2019年7月21日星期日 UTC+8下午11:12:13,donmor3000写道:

New Release Published!

Mohammad

Jul 26, 2019, 3:58:26 AM7/26/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
The Quinoid lets you to select wiki from Google Drive and this way you can have a cloud version!
Is it possible in Tiddloid to access to Android File manager and then open wiki from Drive or other folder?

--Mohammad

Mohammad

Jul 26, 2019, 4:03:57 AM7/26/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
In the home page it is stated

Tiddloid is an app to work with locally stored TiddlyWikis. Once have some ideas, you can immediately write them down and save it in a tiddler, and sync the Wiki to your other devices so that you can access these ideas anywhere.

how it lets to sycn the wiki on other devices?

Mohammad

donmor3000

Jul 26, 2019, 9:03:05 AM7/26/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
You can try Autosync for Google Drive or FolderSync, the latter of which also support other cloud services.

在 2019年7月26日星期五 UTC+8下午4:03:57,Mohammad写道:

Mohammad

Jul 26, 2019, 11:28:03 AM7/26/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
Thanks for hint!

ILYA

Jul 26, 2019, 12:49:52 PM7/26/19
to tiddly...@googlegroups.com
I am using nodejs based instalation on android. How hard it would be to support external wikis via https?

Best regards,
ILYA

Yakov

Jul 29, 2019, 2:57:47 AM7/29/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
Hi Ilya,

could you share your setup, I wonder how nodejs is used on Android and what savers are available for that approach?

Best regards,
Yakov.

TonyM

Jul 29, 2019, 7:43:42 AM7/29/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
If you use termux app on Android you can install tiddlywiki according to the standard node install documented on tiddlywiki.com

Regards
Tony

donmor3000

Jul 31, 2019, 10:12:00 PM7/31/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
I'm sorry but I'm afraid I can't understand "external wikis via https". Tiddloid is rather an Android port of TiddlyDesktop.

在 2019年7月27日星期六 UTC+8上午12:49:52,ILYA写道:

Vincent Yeh

Aug 6, 2019, 8:13:27 AM8/6/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
No more extra confirmation to close a tiddler, thanks a lot for the update!

I am now, however, having two issues using it. One is that the dirty flag does not comply with the store.setDirty() function in the classic version. My view mode editor plugins, twve, rely on this API function to inform the TWC about changes made through my plugins. It is not working now, Tiddloid is not aware of any change made through twve.

The other is that the tiddler list shown upon opening the app does not contain the title of tiddlers as it did. Every tiddler is shown as TiddlyWiki and that's it. I am not able to tell which one is which any more! I opened tiddlers existing in another folder, if that helps.

Like I said, it is a great work and I really enjoyed using it. If these two issues can be fixed somehow, that will be very much appreciated!

Best,
Vincent

ILYA Khlopotov

Aug 6, 2019, 8:21:34 AM8/6/19
to tiddly...@googlegroups.com
Hello domor3000,

My setup is documented here https://gist.github.com/khia/da462308877922d8b1995ffa7b59e4cc . I have nodejs + Bob setup on my phone. I am able to access it locally from the phone from the browser as well as from PC vis https. With this setup I have every tiddler in separate file which allows me to use version control for every tiddler. I have a set of additional scripts which commit all changes to wiki I made under version control and have nightly backup of git repository to my NAS storage. Bob allows me to create unlimited number of small wikis:
- medical charts for every family member
- testing ground
- wiki per project
- GTD framework
- reference library
- bookmarks
- learning progress per subject
- habit trackers

Using browser on android is quite problematic though. Here are few problems:

- installing plugins is hard because you cannot drag and drop from another tab because there is no concept of tabs
- when I enter long text and want to save it I need to scroll up to find save tiddler button
- I cannot share link from another browser with my tiddlywiki instance using android share mechanism
- the keyboard is flacky. If I type very fast all letters are change their position in the word (CodeMirror)
   - since I access the same wiki from PC and android I have to disable CodeMirror when I want to update from phone and enable it back when I am on PC
- I don't know how to configure Tiddlywiki to use two different themes depending on how I access it (PC or Android Browser)

I could be wrong but I think Tiddloid uses WebView which means that technically it is a browser which has access to android features. I am most interested in
- ability to share content from other apps (usually links from browser)
- fix keyboard issue

The architecture of a solution might look like:

PC --https------\
      /-------------  |  ----------------------------------------------------------------------\
      |     /----------|--------------\                                                  /------------\    |
      |     |  Bob on NodeJS |<----------------------- http -------- | Tiddloid |   |
      |     \------------------------/                                                   \------------/    |
      | Android                                                                                               |
      \---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/

Best regards,
ILYA

@TiddlyTweeter

Aug 6, 2019, 8:50:24 AM8/6/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
donmor3000 wrote:
Tiddloid is rather an Android port of TiddlyDesktop.

Very interesting!

Makes sense.

Best wishes
TT

@TiddlyTweeter

Aug 6, 2019, 8:58:01 AM8/6/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
Android is as Android does.

An issue in both Tiddloid & Quinoid is what you can expect Android to make available.

As far as I understand it Android allows quite a lot BUT only if you follow their rules.

Some of what you are asking I think is quite a lot about  Android, not Tiddloid.

Android development is NOT so easy once you get beyond the basics, I think.

TT
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tiddly...@googlegroups.com.

ILYA Khlopotov

Aug 7, 2019, 1:27:47 PM8/7/19
to tiddly...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yakov,
Best regards,
ILYA

donmor3000

Aug 18, 2019, 1:11:57 PM8/18/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
  • Sorry but the total-dirty attribute of the whole TWC document not found yet. That's why Tiddloid's dirty indicator works only with TW5.
  • I've never had this problem. Maybe try updating the app and click SAVE in every wiki?

在 2019年8月6日星期二 UTC+8下午8:13:27,Vincent Yeh写道:

donmor3000

Yakov

Aug 28, 2019, 5:18:34 PM8/28/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
Hi donmor,

could you clarify the dirty attribute thing? Did I get you correctly that Tiddloid is looking for the "total-dirty" attribute of some DOM element to check whether TW is dirty? If so which element should that be?

Currently, TiddlyWiki Classic has 2 dirtiness markers:
  • the dirty property of the global store object (window.store in browser, an instance of TiddlyWiki "class") which is supposed to be got via the store.isDirty() helper and this property means "there are some changed but unsaved tiddlers"
  • the dirtiness of the story global object which is calculated using the story.areAnyDirty() helper which looks at each tiddler element's dirty attribute and doesn't store a single flag anywhere; this dirtiness means "some edit fields got some changes but those were not applied to tiddlers yet"
Ideally, the warning should be shown when either dirtiness is present, like ShowUnsavedPlugin checks; to be precise, areAnyDirty currently checks whether any tiddler is in the edit mode (regardless any its field was touched or not) which is something to improved, but don't bother with this.

My main question is – can Tiddloid check those 2 markers in TWC and show the "are you sure to exit with unsaved changes?" dialog only when one of those markers is dirty? Or the only way is to implement the "total-dirty" attribute somewhere?

Another question is – for the sake of localization, can Tiddloid use the message from (window.)config.messages.confirmExit for the dialog? (this way, if someone has a translation installed, they will get a localized dialog)

Best regards,
Yakov.

Yakov

Aug 28, 2019, 5:41:53 PM8/28/19
to TiddlyWikiDev
Hi Ilya,

thanks for this very detailed document, it will be definitely valuable at some point, both architecture parts and node.js implementation aspects.

вторник, 6 августа 2019 г., 15:21:34 UTC+3 пользователь ILYA Khlopotov написал:
[...]

     |     |  Bob on NodeJS  |<----------------------- http --------- | Tiddloid   |  |
     | Android                                                                                             |

Best regards,
ILYA