TiddlyWiki Glass 1.5 available

elnoi

Jun 16, 2009, 3:12:41 PM6/16/09
to TiddlyWiki
Hello all.
Finally I've relased the new version off TW Glass. Now it's 1.5
The main feature of this version is that have an update button for
easy update the theme (not the core).
And a new look more visual.
There are some integrated plugins on it. 1000 thaks to all plugin
developers.
Glass 1.5 is designed to people who only wants a notebook with all
configured and ready to use.

Screenshot here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/elnoi/3632454786/
Web page for information and downloads: http://files.getdropbox.com/u/55061/TW/TW.html
Direct download: http://files.getdropbox.com/u/55061/TWGlass1_5.zip

Remember that is an experimental TW.

FND

Jun 16, 2009, 3:30:10 PM6/16/09
to Tiddl...@googlegroups.com
> Finally I've relased the new version off TW Glass.

This is looking really nice - good job!

You might be interested in Paul's FadingMessagesPlugin:
http://groups.google.com/group/TiddlyWiki/t/e1ee12bbee018ae8

Keep up the good work!

-- F.

El noi

Jun 16, 2009, 4:06:14 PM6/16/09
to TiddlyWiki
> You might be interested in Paul's FadingMessagesPlugin:
>      http://groups.google.com/group/TiddlyWiki/t/e1ee12bbee018ae8

Nice, thanks!

Måns

Jun 17, 2009, 4:21:39 AM6/17/09
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Elnoi
I think your TW is very beautiful - and I also like to see a working
example of LoadTiddlersPlugin!!
I'd like to use it online. I would also like to set my version
(Danish) up as my own TWserver, serving notes and TWchanges for my
students (I'm a teacher at a Danish independent boarding school for
lower secondary students)
I believe I have to make my own package, and change the config of the
loadtiddlersplugin somehow?!
How do I make the icons show online? - For the moment the icons won't
show..
I have my own ftp - I've installed UploadPlugin and
PasswordOptionPlugin and it works allright.
I've also uploaded the directories with the images and icons.
Do I have to make some changes to the config of the seticonsPlugin -
or to the links?
Like this: [img[icons/separa.png]] to [img[MyUrl.com/icons/
separa.png]] ?even if I have the directory /icons in my MyUrl.com?
(I've tried that already and it didn't work..)

Nice work indeed - congratulations!!

Regards Måns Mårtensson

Måns

Jun 17, 2009, 4:47:13 AM6/17/09
to TiddlyWiki
However I made the background image show, by changing the stylesheet:
{background: url(http://MyUrl.com/img/background2.jpg);}...

Måns

Jun 17, 2009, 5:09:20 AM6/17/09
to TiddlyWiki
I've tried to install ImagePathPlugin -
I wrote this in the ImagePathList:
http://myurl.com
http://myurl.com/
http://myurl.com/img
http://myurl.com/icon
http://myurl.com/img/
http://myurl.com/icon/

But it doesn't seem to work in this case
..

El noi

Jun 17, 2009, 5:57:51 AM6/17/09
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Mans
let's go to verify your ftp behaviour. I have simulated your
situation.
try this:
Edit topmenu tiddler and add these lines:
* {{span{<<closeAll>><<setIcon http://passaportdemocions.com/images/closeall.png
"" notext>>}}}
* [img[http://passaportdemocions.com/images/separa.png]]

I've stored these two images on a web server, tested and runs well.

I want to explain how is Glass made.
Glass have 2 general files:
1 notebook.html: for the user/s sotored in his own computer with local
images and directories.
2 TWserver.html: for updates. this file is stored on internet and have
no images because are not necessary.

The updater tiddler is who triggers the loadtiddlersplugin. You don't
need to change anything on Loadtiddlersplugin you only need to change
the updater tiddler.
My updater tiddler points to TWserver.html like this: ...http://
dl.getdropbox.com/(...)/TW/TWServer.html ... You have to change this
address to points to your ftp file.

If you plan to store the images and icons on your ftp server I think
that is no good idea however it's possible but you must change a lot
of tiddlers and the stylesheet tiddler. But if you wanto to store only
some images (used in speficic tiddlers) simply put they http://...
address.

Sorry my english and tell me if it runs.

Måns

Jun 18, 2009, 5:58:18 PM6/18/09
to TiddlyWiki
Lluís thank you for explaining - and testing!

I had some problems with references on my ftp - I made new
directories, with new names, and made changes accordingly (to the
topmenu and the stylesheet).
Now it works as intended. I don't quite understand why I couldn't use
imagepathPlugin though - but never mind - now it works..
One of my next steps will be to make a package for students to
download, which will load tiddlers from a similar/parallel TW:
"TWserver" on my ftp.
I've setup your Glass as my homepage with BidiXs storetiddlers.php and
it works fine. In a few days I will have made the changes to another
document (TWServer.html), which will be the one I will use as
"professor" - I've put it in an iframe in my homepage, as to be able
to administer the available notes and updates.
I will make a studentspackage with added features I'd like to
incorporate - QuickEditPlugin and maybe even Fck-editor comes to mind.
The latter makes much sense in this context, because the students will
have to download an arhive of files anyway - so why not implement a
nice wysiwyg editor as well?!.. I know the size of the package will
increase considerably - but it's not an addition which will slow down
the TW for general use...
You can see my work in progress here: http://måns.dk or http://xn--mns-ula.dk

Thanks again - Glass is a very nicelooking TW which justifies the need
of external files by its mere beauty! I believe that it will most
certainly attract more users to TiddlyWiki.

YS Måns Mårtensson