TiddlyDesktop with occasional git/cloud save

carlosj...@gmail.com

Oct 21, 2021, 5:30:21 PM10/21/21
to TiddlyWiki
Hi all,

Here is one thing that confuses me: one can configure multiple savers but there is no indication about which one is active. If I configure gitlab/hub and TiddlyHost, will that save to all three at the same time? If not, to which one? Is it configurable at all?

Next related thing that confuses me: if I use TiddlyDesktop, can I still somehow save (preferably non automatically) to TiddlyHost or gitlab/hub? I think this has to be a fairly common use case: I keep a local copy but want to access it from my phone, so it is periodically saved to TiddlyHost or maybe gitlab/hub pages. Now, for the gitlab/hub cases I still can manage by pushing changes from the local filesystem, but should I manually upload to TiddlyHost as well? If this is so, why couldn't the savers be explicitly triggered from inside the wiki (seems much more convenient to me)?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Best regards,
Carlos

Télumire

Oct 24, 2021, 6:05:53 PM10/24/21
to TiddlyWiki
https://tiddlywiki.com/dev/static/Saver.html : The syncer module uses the saver with the highest priority capable of the requested method to save the file.

Bimlas has created a poc for a saver selector, maybe this will help you :
https://bimlas.gitlab.io/demo/tw5/preferred-saver.html#%24%3A%2Fbimlas%2Fpreferred-saver.js

I dont know much on the subject, maybe someone else could provide more infos ..

carlosj...@gmail.com

Oct 24, 2021, 6:11:51 PM10/24/21
to TiddlyWiki
> The syncer module uses the saver with the highest priority

Interesting, this is new for me. AFAICS there is no way to change to change the priority from the control panel. That would be enough.