Transclude macro replacing TranscludeWidget

Charlie Veniot

Jan 11, 2023, 6:37:51 PM1/11/23
to TiddlyWiki
The Problem with the TranscludeWidget

My "TranscludeWidget" documentation in the works.

The transclude macro in the works:

```
\define transclude(tiddler template)
<$tiddler tiddler={{{ [<currentTiddler>] [[$tiddler$]!is[blank]] +[last[]]  }}}>
<$list variable="this" filter="[[$template$]is[blank]]">
<$transclude/>
</$list>
<$list variable="this" filter="[[$template$]!is[blank]]">
<$transclude tiddler="$template$"/>
</$list>
</$tiddler>
\end

```

Charlie Veniot

Jan 11, 2023, 6:39:26 PM1/11/23
to TiddlyWiki

scott....@gmail.com

Jan 11, 2023, 10:38:09 PM1/11/23
to TiddlyWiki
I'm not positive, but it looks as though this will fix something that stymied me for the last hour of my workday today.

I'll test it tomorrow.

If nothing else, this line taught me a simple way to do something I'd been missing.

>  <$tiddler tiddler={{{ [<currentTiddler>] [[$tiddler$]!is[blank]] +[last[]]  }}}>

Thanks!

Charlie Veniot

Jan 11, 2023, 11:25:33 PM1/11/23
to TiddlyWiki
I think 99.9% of the time, what I share will never win any popularity contest.

"If nothing else, this line taught me a simple way to do something I'd been missing."

That right there is all it takes to make my day.  Rock'n roll !

scott....@gmail.com

Jan 13, 2023, 9:43:06 PM1/13/23
to TiddlyWiki
I forgot to say yesterday that while this didn't actually solve my issue, it was enough to lead me to a solution.

Thanks for posting!

  -- Scott

Charlie Veniot

Jan 14, 2023, 12:40:03 PM1/14/23
to TiddlyWiki
I learned many moons ago, when huddling with a team of folk to hammer out a solution to a problem, even the dumbest of ideas thrown on the table could be awesome.  That totally useless and dumb idea, in and of itself absolutely worthless other than a giggle/groan,  could mind-boggingly trigger an amazing solution from out of nowhere.

Level of dumb-or-not qualities of my work aside, if that puppy triggered an idea for a solution to something on your end, then that is pretty awesome.

As my Newfoundlander adopted-grandpa would say to pretty much anything:  good stuff !