Question about node.js and saving

Jim Barr

May 4, 2023, 1:54:51 PM5/4/23
to TiddlyWiki
I have a TiddlyWiki instance running under Docker using Node.js. Can the entire install be saved out as a single Tiddlywiki file?

And likewise, can a standalone Tiddlywiki .html file be saved as a Node.js install?

Thanks!

PMario

May 6, 2023, 4:25:18 AM5/6/23
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,

On Thursday, May 4, 2023 at 7:54:51 PM UTC+2 Jim Barr wrote:
I have a TiddlyWiki instance running under Docker using Node.js. Can the entire install be saved out as a single Tiddlywiki file?

Your wiki should have an option to save a snapshot, which is a single file wiki. If you click the "cloud" icon in the sidebar there should be the "save snapshot" option.

And likewise, can a standalone Tiddlywiki .html file be saved as a Node.js install?

Yes, it's possible to convert a single file wiki back to a node.js driven setup.

Important: BACKUP - BACKUP - BACKUP - BACKUP - BACKUP - first ;)

The easiest way is to create a new client-server configuration and drag & drop import the single file wiki. The advantage is, that you get an Import-Dialogue, where you can see, what's imported.

The disadvantage is, depending on the number of tiddlers you have this can get slow. The limit will be how fast the server can create new files.

The other option is the "savewikifolder" command used with the TW CLI: https://tiddlywiki.com/#SaveWikiFolderCommand
With a bit of experimentation this will work well, even with many tiddlers.

have fun!
mario