Help request: my TiddlySaver stopped working

Faber

Oct 21, 2021, 3:25:45 AMOct 21
to TiddlyWiki
After month of daily use, TiddlySaver stopped working with Vivaldi browser and Edge too.

Perhaps due to some update, but can't find way to get working again.

I have:
- checked settings in Vivaldi "Ask where to save each file" "off"
- checked correct "tiddlywikilocations" inside "downloads" directory
- checked "developer mode" also enabled
- deleted extension
- reinstalled extension
- checked also the "file editing permission" for site "file:/" in Vivaldi settings... here is only "ask" or "block", maybe problem is here.

BTW no way, saving the "Automatic save not possible as your TW is not within the controlled directory". After month of use.

Started to use TiddlyDesktop but unfurtunately is lacking CTRL+F to find in pages, and i need this.

So what else can I do to get TiddlySaver to work again?

Thanks.

Mark S.

Oct 21, 2021, 9:09:42 PMOct 21
to TiddlyWiki
Under "Settings ... Advanced" what are your download settings?

You might consider trying Timimi, which does't have the download directory limitation.

Fabrizio Conti

Oct 22, 2021, 6:37:47 PMOct 22
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Under "Settings ... Advanced" what are your download settings?

Checked " allow file access from url" (sorry my Vivaldi is in italian)

You might consider trying Timimi, which does't have the download directory limitation.

Thank you for your direction! 😊 Timimi works like a charm. I don't like the server too much, but it works and I'm happy with it.