What can I do to make the field "caption" show in the story river as title?

008

Apr 5, 2020, 9:03:25 PM4/5/20
to TiddlyWiki
I add a field "caption" to my tiddler,  I can see the caption showing in the "list-links" or "toc-selective-expandable", but in the sotry river, it also shows the title, where I want to also show the caption.

1.png

2.png

3.png

6.png

What can I do to got this work?

BUT in this site http://tw5-zh.tiddlyspot.com/   .  It's ok to rendering caption in the story river. I cann't find out why.

4.png

5.png

Eric Shulman

Apr 5, 2020, 11:08:17 PM4/5/20
to TiddlyWiki
On Sunday, April 5, 2020 at 6:03:25 PM UTC-7, 008 wrote:
I add a field "caption" to my tiddler,  I can see the caption showing in the "list-links" or "toc-selective-expandable", but in the sotry river, it also shows the title, where I want to also show the caption.
BUT in this site http://tw5-zh.tiddlyspot.com/   .  It's ok to rendering caption in the story river. I cann't find out why.

That site is using a customized version of $:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/title, in which they have replaced this line:
<$view field="title"/>
with this:
<<toc-caption>>

If you make that same change, you will get the results you want.  To edit the shadow tiddler:

1) Open the AdvancedSearch by clicking on the magnifying glass icon next to the sidebar search input field
2) Select the "Shadows" tab
3) Enter "viewtemplate/title" in the AdvancedSearch input field
4) Click on the resulting link to view $:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/title
5) Press the edit button
6) Change the line as described above
7) Press the done button

enjoy,
-e

TonyM

Apr 6, 2020, 12:08:01 AM4/6/20
to TiddlyWiki
008

The tiddler $:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/title has being changed to use the macro <<toc-caption>>
as do others like $:/editions/tw5.com/operator-macros

Use advanced search for toc-caption and find where this "macro is defined and ensure the same in your TiddlyWiki.

Make a backup then drag and drop the tiddlers on to your wiki and see if that works.

Regards
Tony

TonyM

Apr 6, 2020, 12:08:34 AM4/6/20
to TiddlyWiki
Sorry,

I missed Erics reply.

Regards
Tony

Mohammad

Apr 6, 2020, 3:54:10 AM4/6/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Added to TW-Scripts

Eric Shulman

Apr 6, 2020, 4:25:36 AM4/6/20
to TiddlyWiki
On Monday, April 6, 2020 at 12:54:10 AM UTC-7, Mohammad wrote:
Using Shadows tab seems no result appear! but Filter tab shows the result if you input the whole tiddler name

Entering "viewtemplate/title" in the Shadows tab input field *does* show one result: $:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/title

-e

Mohammad

Apr 6, 2020, 4:53:10 AM4/6/20
to TiddlyWiki
Correct! My mistake, I input in System tab!

008

Apr 6, 2020, 8:50:32 AM4/6/20
to TiddlyWiki
Eric,  TonyM ,  Mohammad,  Thank you all guys very much, It's very helpful.

在 2020年4月6日星期一 UTC+8上午9:03:25,008写道:

pedruchini

Apr 6, 2020, 6:18:29 PM4/6/20
to TiddlyWiki
I think you can use Mat's http://aliases.tiddlyspot.com
You can use the caption field instead of the alias field by modifying the"Alias ViewTemplate".