Issue: Tiddler Commander 2.1.0 -- Deletes "text" field on "Add fields"

TiddlyTweeter

Jun 27, 2020, 5:57:58 AM6/27/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Steps ...

2 -- Create  Tiddler called "Misery" With the "text"  THIS IS CONTENT... Save.

3 - Filter to and select it ...

Annotation 2020-06-27 114334.jpg

4 -- Navigate to Fields > Add fields. Field name:"type", field value:"text/plain". Click "Add New Fields ...

Annotation 2020-06-27 115346.jpg

RESULT: The Content Type is correctly changed. BUT the "text" field is deleted.

UPDATE: Birthe pointed out it can work without destroying the "text" field so long as you do NOT fill in the Content Type.
I tested that and it is a WORK-AROUND to (a) Add Field "type" (but not content type), then (b) Set field value of "type" to "text/plain".

Best wishes
TT

Birthe C

Jun 27, 2020, 7:48:58 AM6/27/20
to TiddlyWiki
TT,

You Can do it.

Add field type - do not fill out value,
Then go to set field value - and now you are able to chose type, fill out the value and enter.
Tiddler Misery get af type=text/plain and the text is intact.

Not really logic, but I know you have lots of miseries ;-)

Birthe

TiddlyTweeter

Jun 27, 2020, 9:25:17 AM6/27/20
to TiddlyWiki

Birthe C wrote:

You Can do it.

Dear Detective Birthe (my emphasis) ...

Annotation 2020-06-27 140146.jpg

Add field type - do not fill out value,

That is EXACTLY IT.

Are you April MacKenzie?

Now all my Misery share their type.

I will revise my note to Mohammad accordingly.

Many thanks!
TT

TiddlyTweeter

Jun 27, 2020, 10:37:54 AM6/27/20
to TiddlyWiki
My original post updated for those on email. Section in Red is a Work-Around suggested by Birthe.