exporting tiddlers in html or raw?

Lukasz Szybalski

Sep 20, 2022, 2:18:43 PM9/20/22
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I wanted to export the tiddlers to html. I was looking for a way how.

1. I've noticed that there is some kind of built-in API server.

2. but I can't seem to be able to pull the json file either from there or from my own wiki?
image.png

3. The goals is for me to being able to export either final html like:
image.png
4. or raw:

image.png
5. So I can later use a function to convert it to html?

I have access to a file as well, so if there is a command line tool that does this, and I can import it from shell or python or node that would be great.

6. Am I correctly assuming that below Remarkable will do the job if I'm able to get raw data?

(Sample code:
const { Remarkable } = require('remarkable');
let md = new Remarkable();

function constructHtml(req) {
let text = md.render(req);
let response = {
value: text
}
return response
};

7. I'm getting below when I do get url from python which tells me I'm doing it wrong.
image.png

Thanks
Lucas

Charlie Veniot

Sep 20, 2022, 4:47:16 PM9/20/22
to TiddlyWiki
Hello,

Have you tried TiddlyWiki's HTML export? (image further below)

If that doesn't do the trick, what is it that you are looking for?

If you want to create your own custom export, give me a couple of minutes and I'll post a simple export to get things started.

Charlie Veniot

Sep 20, 2022, 4:50:11 PM9/20/22
to TiddlyWiki
Oops, forgot the image:

Screenshot 2022-09-20 5.03.57 PM - Display 2.png

Lukasz Szybalski

Sep 21, 2022, 12:57:37 PM9/21/22
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
That works manually.
but
As I've described in the email, I need it done programmatically.

Thanks
Lucas

Charlie Veniot

Sep 21, 2022, 1:21:31 PM9/21/22
to TiddlyWiki

Jeremy Ruston

Sep 22, 2022, 5:05:29 PM9/22/22
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Lucas,

TiddlyWiki's web server only works when running under Node.js, and doesn't function in the browser.

The source for the Node.js "render" command shows how to render a tiddler through a template to an HTML file:

Best wishes

Jeremy.