[TW5] FontAwesome plugin installation please help

christof buerger

Feb 1, 2017, 11:51:03 AM2/1/17
to TiddlyWiki
Hello,
I am just too unexperianced - I try to follow the installation instruction:

Installation

Drag and drop into your wiki: $:/fonts/FontAwesome

Extensions

For custom extension classes to FontAwesome, tag your stylesheet $:/tags/FontAwesome and they will automatically be inserted at the end of $:/fonts/FontAwesome.

but I am not able to use it after having imported the dropped $:/fonts/FontAwesome
It seems I am missing an additionally required step ...

Anybody able to point me into the right direction?!
Thank you very much!
Christof

Danielo Rodríguez

Feb 1, 2017, 1:14:15 PM2/1/17
to TiddlyWiki
Maybe you forgot the save and reload step ?

christof buerger

Feb 1, 2017, 1:33:37 PM2/1/17
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Rodriguez,

thank you for answering. I continued to experiment. And found out, that the nice lists in the demo-site can locally only work if I import all the fa-iconname tiddlers. and macro tiddler and templates too.
It works now :-) thank you!

Best Regards
Christof

Sylvain Naudin

Feb 2, 2017, 5:15:46 PM2/2/17
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Christof,

I'm hosting this file to play with the latest release of FA. This demo is originally made by Tobias Beer.
It's just a test file not complete with all latest examples.

You should want also to install macro tiddler later with experience (call $:/.tb/macros/fa in this demo file). I've just modify it a little to simple write <<fa iconname 3 #123456>> for example (change size to 3 with color) or just <<fa iconname>> if you don't need to set size or color.

Cheers,
Sylvain

Tobias Beer

Feb 3, 2017, 1:12:51 AM2/3/17
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Christof & everyone else,

I haven't updated the FontAwesome plugin in a while since,
the last two times I tried, I ended up with a broken plugin
for reasons I was unable to figure out.
Somehow, all the new icons ended up displayed broken.
That was a few FontAwesome releases ago.
Perhaps I shall try once again if I can get it to run on the latest version.

In general, though, it's just a font, in other words,
you still need to know how to use FontAwesome as such.
There are a few examples but no sophisticated utilities,
to make good use in TW yet.

Best wishes,

Tobias.