Plugins with Keyboard Shortcuts still require a reload in TW 5.1.22

Thomas Elmiger

May 28, 2020, 6:40:27 PM5/28/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello TW friends

I have just updated my Simple Search plugin, you can test it from https://tid.li/tw5/plugins.html – it comes with a new keyboard shortcut (shift–cmd–space) as the old one (shift-space) interfered with my typing much too often.

One of the major improvements of TW 5.1.22 is described as follow on tiddlywiki.com:

Plugins can now be loaded or deleted dynamically, without requiring a reload – as long as they don't contain any JavaScript modules.

I would suggest to add "... or keyboard shortcuts." to that description. When I import my plugin in any wiki including empty.html there are only two ways to bring the keyboard shortcut to life:
– reload the page
– defining an additional keyboard shortcut

In other words: It seems that freshly imported keyboard shortcuts in plugins are not available until next reload at the moment.

Any voluntary testers here?

Good night!
Thomas