Being honest: I got my wikis in a twist ...

TiddlyTweeter

Dec 3, 2019, 9:06:49 AM12/3/19
to TiddlyWiki

TonyM wrote elsewhere: “… I have multiple single file wikis for many subject areas but I have some select reference wikis and … a “core” [he means “organisational”] wiki where I place a common directory. I have a little registration system to register a new wiki and submit it to the directory. This I can drag and drop to the core [organisation wiki] (displayed as an iframe). I also create bundles for any reusable content, and try and make everything reusable.”

TonyM wrote elsewhere, too: “My Point, Whilst there are technologies to help multiple Tiddlywiki’s are best handled with the development of your own standards and practices, built on top of tiddlywiki.”

Agreed. Sort of. I would like to comment that currently it is super time-consuming to “hone-the-baby” and even more so putting her into a "bespoke basket".

Personally I think we are getting RIPE for "Lego Kits". On packages for "user markets" and also, I think, "schemata for organisation of wiki."

Just probing
TT

TiddlyTweeter

Dec 3, 2019, 9:08:21 AM12/3/19
to TiddlyWiki
repeat for email ...

TonyM

Dec 3, 2019, 4:45:15 PM12/3/19
to TiddlyWiki
TT,

I would personally encourage the production of tiddlywiki lego kits, a few would be nice for festive sharing, such Kits however tend to have a final result, that is a thing in itself.

The subject of organisational systems for multiple wikis is very big,
  • perhaps there are as many possible solutions as people who want a solution.
  • Remember with tiddlywiki we build on something with more part types than lego manufactures and the possibilities with TiddlyWiki run to infinity in number of directions.
    Don't get me wrong I love Lego, but I think I love tiddlywiki more.
  • Its a real challenge to add structure to something that in many ways intentionally open structurally.
I think the kit model may be not appropriate for  "schemata for organisation of wiki." because its very conceptual. Though I am all for its development.

Some thoughts on this, suggest it needs work to even understand what the type of "creature" we want to develop.

Such a solution;
  • should not be enforced or compromise choice
  • perhaps involve Guidelines and methods rather than a core change
  • needs to set a defacto standard if we want a cross community solution
  • Could have supporting Plugins and Macros (Ideally they are of value in their own right- lego pieces)
I feel the tools to achieve an agreed interwiki or wiki interaction standard and written guidelines is the way to go but I am not sure how to achieve such a thing in the TiddlyWiki community given our current communication methods and organisational model (not structured).

Regards
Tony

A Gloom

Dec 4, 2019, 12:26:48 AM12/4/19
to TiddlyWiki
Isn't plugin's supposed to be the lego blocks?