Very basic EditTextWidget tutorial and how I often specify target tiddler name

Charlie Veniot

Sep 9, 2021, 11:23:23 PM9/9/21
to TiddlyWiki

Not much of an award-winning video.  Although I really don't like recording myself, I strangely had fun doing this one.

Maybe because I wasn't tripping all over myself quite as badly as my norm.  Well, the outtakes of my first three tries would prove otherwise...

strikke...@gmail.com

Sep 10, 2021, 2:43:05 AM9/10/21
to TiddlyWiki
Please Charlie, do not be harsh on yourself. You do know, that videos about Tiddlywiki and what we can do in tiddlywiki is our all time favourites.
I like that you are creating several smaller videos on the subject, that makes it easier to understand and follow - and keep up the concentration. That makes it easier for me - and I would guess others  - suffering some degree of a language barrier.

amreus

Sep 10, 2021, 4:37:18 PM9/10/21
to TiddlyWiki
Simplified work-flow videos like this would have shortened my TiddlyWiki learning curve considerably. Please keep it up if you can.

Note that in 5.2.0 the EditTextWidget can edit fields in the same tiddler as the widget without losing focus.

Charlie Veniot

Sep 10, 2021, 7:52:27 PM9/10/21
to TiddlyWiki
Thank-you for the 5.2.0 info !

I added info about that in the comments section of the video.