Footnote Plugin (TW5)

Yin Hoe Tan

Mar 1, 2015, 11:42:12 PM3/1/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am trying to add footnotes to my tiddlers and stumbled upon Saq Imtiaz's site. http://tiddlywiki.squize.org/

However, the source to the plugin doesn't seem to be hosted anymore.

http://tw.lewcid.org/#FootnotesPlugin

Is there any other way I can find and install the plugin? Thanks!

Regards,
Sati

Jed Carty

Mar 2, 2015, 12:08:30 AM3/2/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
That plugin is from tiddlywiki classic, it probably wouldn't work for tiddlywiki 5. There is a way to make footnotes in TW5 shown at braintest that works well. I am not aware of any other footnote implementations for tiddlywiki 5.

Tobias Beer

Mar 2, 2015, 12:10:35 PM3/2/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jed,

That plugin is from tiddlywiki classic, it probably wouldn't work for tiddlywiki 5. There is a way to make footnotes in TW5 shown at braintest that works well. I am not aware of any other footnote implementations for tiddlywiki 5.

While that does provide certain footnoting capabilities, this basic-wikitext-features-only footnoting seems quite cumbersome and non-intuitive. I'm hoping to eventually create something more generic and less repetitive, where you have...
  • the same footnote text in the popup and at the bottom
  • a backlink from bottom to top
  • can use a user defined footnote ID but don't have to
...using a custom JavaScript macro and a global / temporary footnotes object to store references in.

Best wishes, Tobias.

Yin Hoe Tan

Mar 3, 2015, 5:18:52 AM3/3/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Tobias,

I am looking forward to it. Thanks!

I hope the syntax for this new plugin can be as simple as Saq's too.

Regards,
Sati

Tobias Beer於 2015年3月3日星期二 UTC+8上午1時10分35秒寫道:

Tobias Beer

Mar 3, 2015, 1:19:35 PM3/3/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jed,

I hope the syntax for this new plugin can be as simple as Saq's too.

My current idea is for there to be a single macro that provides different "modes" to...
  • define an individual footnote for the currently set scope
    <<fn id:foo note:bar>>

  • reuse same reference
    <<fn id:foo>>
  • list footnotes defined in the scope, optionally using template baz given variables <<fn-id>> and <<fn-text>>
    <<fn template:baz>>
Some global $tw.footnotes[<TiddlerName>] object would hold footnote objects for each tiddler scope with all footnotes as properties, e.g.

$tw.footnotes["SomeTiddler"] = {
"id-1":"note 1",
"id-2":"note 2"
}

Best wishes, Tobias.

James

Mar 4, 2015, 2:58:46 AM3/4/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tobias,
Do you have more simple script which I can just copy & paste in my TW5?

Danielo Rodríguez

Mar 5, 2015, 6:35:04 AM3/5/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Sometimes there is no need to re create the weel.

Alex Hough

Mar 5, 2015, 8:47:21 AM3/5/15
to TiddlyWiki
Danielo,

Ive' just grabbed your context search: very useful, thanks!

Alex

On 5 March 2015 at 11:35, Danielo Rodríguez <rdan...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sometimes there is no need to re create the weel.

yasai ya

Sep 24, 2023, 11:50:53 PM9/24/23
to TiddlyWiki
It's very helpful, thanks.

I found the popup appears in wrong place used in a table. And I made small change, added "popupAbsCoords="yes"".
\define ref(label) <$button popup="$:/state/$label$" popupAbsCoords="yes" class="tc-btn-invisible tc-slider"><sup style="color:green">$label$</sup></$button> \end

2015年3月5日木曜日 20:35:04 UTC+9 Danielo Rodríguez: