Scrollable Sidebar Tabs?

amreus

Aug 16, 2021, 10:43:19 AM8/16/21
to TiddlyWiki

Another style question - is there one place where I can make all the sidebar tabs scrollable, or does each tiddler tagged $:/tags/SideBar and  $:/tags/MoreSideBar need to wrapped in a scrollable widget?

Thanks.

I think all of the sidebar tabs should be scrollable by default so the entire sidebar does not scroll out of view. Or maybe all of the SidebarSegments above the tabs should be fixed position.

amreus

Aug 16, 2021, 12:08:37 PM8/16/21
to TiddlyWiki
The attached is a sample of a scrollable More/All tab. Import it to tiddlywiki.com.  I just think it it's a better experience than having the entire sidebar scroll.

I think an issue might be what height do you set the scrollble part to? Could it be calculated from the existing sidebar-segments?

<$scrollable class="tc-scrollable-demo">
<$list filter={{$:/core/Filters/AllTiddlers!!filter}} template="$:/core/ui/ListItemTemplate"/>
</$scrollable>

core_ui_more_all.json

TW Tones

Aug 16, 2021, 10:59:09 PM8/16/21
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks for Sharing I will test it out!

Tones

amreus

Sep 2, 2021, 3:09:55 PM9/2/21
to TiddlyWiki
Since I can't reply there, Eric Shulman posted a pure css solution onthe talk forum:

Thanks Eric!