Announcing the release of v5.2.4

Jeremy Ruston

Dec 13, 2022, 12:11:30 PM12/13/22
to TiddlyWiki
Cross-posted from https://talk.tiddlywiki.org/t/announcing-the-release-of-tiddlywiki-v5-2-4/5459

I’m delighted to announce the release of TiddlyWiki v5.2.4 at:

https://tiddlywiki.com/

Some highlights of the many new features and improvements – see the release note for the full list of changes:

  • New Twitter Achivist plugin to import the tweets and associated media from a Twitter Archive as individual tiddlers
  • New Genesiss Widget that allows the dynamic construction of another widget, where the name and attributes of the new widget can be dynamically determined, without needing to be known in advance
  • New filter operators for reading and formatting JSON data: jsonget, jsonindexes, jsontype, jsonextract and format:json
  • Added support for nested macro definitions
  • Updates to using the view template body cascade in the edit preview and when opening tiddlers in new windows
  • Fixed folded tiddlers to ensure that the unfold button is always visible
  • Fixed EditTextWidget to remove the default text “Type the text for the tiddler ‘foo’”
  • Fixed truncated search results on narrow screens
  • Fixed table contents overflow on narrow screens
  • Fixed problem with lazy loading under Node.js deleting tiddler bodies under certain circumstances
You can upgrade your existing single file wikis here:

https://tiddlywiki.com/upgrade.html

For Node.js users, the new version is available on npm at https://www.npmjs.com/package/tiddlywiki

As usual, please exercise caution when upgrading, and take care to keep backup copies of everything important.

I’d like to thank everyone who has contributed to this release. We’re keeping up a decent pace of releases at the moment and it’s great to see so many people involved.

Any questions or comments are welcome here, or via GitHub.