How to migrate my data from TiddlyRoam to Stroll? How to migrate the custom view of the TiddlyMap?

ian ying

May 14, 2020, 9:21:40 PM5/14/20
to TiddlyWiki
I use the TiddlyRoam for a while, which is the combination of TiddlyBlink and TiddlyMap.

Question 1:
Now the author of TiddlyBlink has a upgrade version of Stroll. How can I migrate my data from TiddlyRoam to Stroll?

Question 2:
And because I have some custom view in the old wiki file. How can I migrate or export the custom view to the new file?

Thanks in advance.

Ste Wilson

May 15, 2020, 7:15:37 AM5/15/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Ian, welcome to the tiddlyverse :)

I think if TiddlyRoam is working for you and the way your working, stick with it :) I believe (and I'm sure Dave will correct me if I'm wrong) that Stroll is a development on from TiddlyBlink and does some things differently.

To actually answer your question, a quick and easy way is if you hit the tick button in your wiki to download an HTML copy of it you could then drag that into an empty stroll and see what happens?  (MAKE SURE YOU TEST ON A COPY FIRST!!!)

Or do the same thing in reverse!  Drag an empty downloaded Stroll into your wiki  (MAKE SURE YOU TEST ON A COPY FIRST!!!) and see what happens!

You may, of course, need a more nuanced solution involving advance search, export and /or filters and others move versed in this will I'm sure help out!

 (MAKE SURE YOU TEST ON A COPY FIRST!!!) (MAKE SURE YOU TEST ON A COPY FIRST!!!) (MAKE SURE YOU TEST ON A COPY FIRST!!!) (MAKE SURE YOU TEST ON A COPY FIRST!!!)

:D

David Gifford

May 15, 2020, 8:45:50 AM5/15/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi ian and Ste

1. I recommend downloading the empty stroll file at https://giffmex.org/stroll/empty.html
2. Then in that file in the tools tab, choose import, and import your non-system tiddlers from your file. You have to uncheck the system tiddlers (they start with $:/). Save and refresh.
3. Then if you have modified some system tiddlers, drag them one by one into your new Stroll file to see if they make or break things.