Tony's Tiny Tips

TonyM

Mar 9, 2020, 7:34:38 PM3/9/20
to TiddlyWiki
Folks,

We often discover useful little TiddlyWiki tips but tend only to share them when someone asks a relevant Question.

I would like to encourage this sharing so I will kick off with a few

Control Panel > Info > Basics tips

Default tiddlers If you use "Home [list[$:/StoryList]] in the default tiddlers
it will always load the Home tiddler and the previously open tiddlers

Username for signing edits this can not only be used as a user name, but you can change it for a particular edit session.
For example "Tony V0.3 changes" then you can list tiddlers created and modified for that edit session
Consider clicking on the user name in the tiddler subtitles and defining a more descriptive definition in the resulting "user tiddler"

Title of new tiddlers Set to "New {{$:/SiteTitle}} Tiddler" for each new tiddler to include the site title
For example the Recipes wiki creates new tiddlers titled "New Recipes Tiddler"

Please share you tips too.

Regards
Tony

Donald Coates

Mar 9, 2020, 10:13:56 PM3/9/20
to TiddlyWiki
Maybe a tag could be created for this?

Mohammad

Mar 10, 2020, 12:43:13 AM3/10/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

A Gloom

Mar 10, 2020, 2:29:28 AM3/10/20
to TiddlyWiki
easy regex search for exact word in Advanced search

create a tiddler named

$:/core/Filters/ExactTermsearch

(using %$:/core may not be suggested )

tiddler text field: leave empty

description field: for search of exact search term

filter field: [!is[system]search::regexp[\binnominull\b]]

tag it: $:/tags/Filter

now it display as one of the filter choices in Filter tab of Advanced Search (shows in list of the down arrow next to text field)-- if you know the format of the search operator you can type in fields to search (& other suffixes) as well as an EXACT search term or other regex patterns

PMario

Mar 10, 2020, 3:10:11 AM3/10/20
to TiddlyWiki
On Tuesday, March 10, 2020 at 5:43:13 AM UTC+1, Mohammad wrote:
Added to TW-Scripts

That's nice but you should add a link.
-m

Mohammad

Mar 10, 2020, 3:21:25 AM3/10/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mario
This is the link!

TW-Scripts is updated on https://kookma.github.io/TW-Scripts/# on monthly basis, so it is not easy to add the link quickly!
But users may head over and search with thread or post topic to not only find the added post but find similar things :-)

--Mohammad

Mohammad

Mar 10, 2020, 3:23:07 AM3/10/20
to TiddlyWiki

Sylvain Naudin

Mar 10, 2020, 8:43:50 AM3/10/20
to TiddlyWiki
Oh thanks A Gloom, I was wondering how to add filter like this in Advanced Search :)

For example to search empty tiddler :

[!is[system]!has[text]]

David Gifford

Mar 10, 2020, 9:23:29 PM3/10/20
to TiddlyWiki
Nice tips, Tony!

A Gloom

Mar 10, 2020, 11:21:26 PM3/10/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Oh thanks A Gloom, I was wondering how to add filter like this in Advanced Search :)

For example to search empty tiddler :

[!is[system]!has[text]]

 YW and thank you-- I put your cool idea to immadiate use-- not only as a Advanced Search filter but as a selection in the More tab-- so now I can check for drafts, orphans and tiddlers with empty text fields-- which may be tiddlers that were created as placeholders when created and may need to be completed by puttig content into them.

create a tiddler named $:/core/ui/MoreSideBar/Empty
(using %$:/core may not be suggested but using $:/unique_name/ui/MoreSideBar/Empty)

tiddler text field: <$list filter={{$:/core/Filters/EmptyTextFld!!filter}} template="$:/core/ui/MissingTemplate"/>

** EDIT **
your filter is there-- the filter (using your filter) created for Advanced Search, $:/core/Filters/
EmptyTextFld, is reused here

caption field: Empty

tag it: $:/tags/MoreSideBar

it will appear at the end of the list of selections, to change the order, change position in the list field of $:/tags/MoreSideBar