tw and opera 9.5

1 view

ravis...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2008, 2:08:24 AM6/23/08
to TiddlyWiki
I was using opera 9.2 on arch linux little while ago and it was fine
with tw, but since update to 9.5, whenever I try to load tw from local
file, it throws up the plugin manager with data tiddler plugin not
being loaded and only a few tiddlers whereas the file has many
tiddlers in it.

This is happening with:
1. Dave Gifford's mynotes tw based on tw.2.3 (even going to
http://www.giffmex.org/emptynotestw.html gives the same effect)
2. I imported mynotes to the new tw 2.4 with some minor changes and
this tw too has the same problem.
3. http://monkeygtd.tiddlyspot.com/empty3.html loads a blank white
page.

However, empty MonkeyGTD 2.1 alpha r91 loads easily.

I have downloaded the new .jar file too from www.tiddlywiki.com

All the above are working fine in firefox 3 on arch linux.

Can someone help.

Morris Gray

Jun 23, 2008, 6:10:41 AM6/23/08
to TiddlyWiki
I encounter the same problem in Opera 9.5 with the DataTiddlerPlugin
on http://sidebarpluginvault.tiddlyspot.com/ it breaks the whole site.

The error reads:

Error: [Error: name: SyntaxError message: Statement on line 844:
Syntax error Backtrace: ... Line 844 of inline#2 script in
http://www.giffmex.org/emptynotestw.html: In function loadPlugins
window.eval(tiddler.text); Line 739 of inline#2 script in
http://www.giffmex.org/emptynotestw.html: In function main var
pluginProblem = loadPlugins(); Line 1 of function script main(); ... ]

An attempt to check for a different/later version of DataTiddlerPlugin
at http://tiddlywiki.abego-software.de/ finds the site down or under
construction'

Morris Gray
http://twhelp.tiddlyspot.com
A TiddlyWiki help file for beginners

On Jun 23, 4:08 pm, "ravisgh...@gmail.com" <ravisgh...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> I was using opera 9.2 on arch linux little while ago and it was fine
> with tw, but since update to 9.5, whenever I try to load tw from local
> file, it throws up the plugin manager with data tiddler plugin not
> being loaded and only a few tiddlers whereas the file has many
> tiddlers in it.
>
> This is happening with:
> 1. Dave Gifford's mynotes tw based on tw.2.3 (even going tohttp://www.giffmex.org/emptynotestw.htmlgives the same effect)
> 2. I imported mynotes to the new tw 2.4 with some minor changes and
> this tw too has the same problem.
> 3.http://monkeygtd.tiddlyspot.com/empty3.htmlloads a blank white

Eric Shulman

Jun 23, 2008, 7:39:02 AM6/23/08
to TiddlyWiki
> I encounter the same problem in Opera 9.5 with the DataTiddlerPlugin
> onhttp://sidebarpluginvault.tiddlyspot.com/it breaks the whole site.

Opera 9.5 appears to have a serious problem when attempting to load
tiddlers that are >32K bytes. When it encounters a large tiddler, it
reads *all* the remaining storeArea DIV content into that single
tiddler, instead of just reading the one larger than normal DIV.
Unfortunately, this is a very deep browser problem, and not something
that can be avoided by clever TiddlyWiki coding. For now, the only
workaround I can think of is to split larger tiddlers into sections
that are each smaller than 32K... or, don't use Opera 9.5....

-e

FND

Jun 23, 2008, 8:18:52 AM6/23/08
to Tiddl...@googlegroups.com
> Opera 9.5 appears to have a serious problem when attempting to load
> tiddlers that are >32K bytes. [...]

> Unfortunately, this is a very deep browser problem, and not something
> that can be avoided by clever TiddlyWiki coding.

Well-spotted, Eric!

We should submit a bug report to Opera:
https://bugs.opera.com/wizard/
However, I'm not sure how to phrase this for maximum impact - any
suggestions?

-- F.

Morris Gray

Jun 23, 2008, 10:24:20 AM6/23/08
to TiddlyWiki
I have verified Eric's explanation by cutting everything but the code
from DataTiddlerPlugin and got it down to 25082 bytes
ForEachTiddlerPlugin needed everything except the code removed and got
it down to 25879 and it solves the problem as far as I can see.
However ImportTiddlersPlugin could not be reduced enough and would
have to be removed to make the site work in Opera 9.5 if one wants to
support 9.5

Morris Gray
http://twhelp.tiddlyspot.com