TW5: How do I show the value of a field of a tiddler?

Chuck R.

Dec 19, 2019, 1:46:44 PM12/19/19
to TiddlyWiki
My system: TW5.1.19 on tiddlyspot.com

I made a normal tiddler with TW5 markup. I added a field named "myfield". I added a value for that field of "My field value goes here". Then I tried many ways to show the value of the field like this:

Show value of field called 'myfield': [!!myfield] 2 testwiki!!myfield 3 <<!!myfield>> 4 <"!!myfield"> 5 !!myfield

I closed and saved the tiddler. None of them worked but <<!!myfield>> shows a blank.

Any ideas how to show the value of this tiddler field? I looked up in help and it didn't show any exact examples but it did say to use "!!myfield" and that didn't work either.

Thank you for all your help. :)

Mark S.

Dec 19, 2019, 2:00:39 PM12/19/19
to TiddlyWiki
Do you mean {{!!myfield}} ?? This is a transclusion. Here the !! means to bring in a field value. Since no tiddler is stated, it defaults to the current tiddler.

Eric Shulman

Dec 19, 2019, 2:34:33 PM12/19/19
to TiddlyWiki
On Thursday, December 19, 2019 at 11:00:39 AM UTC-8, Mark S. wrote:
Do you mean {{!!myfield}} ?? This is a transclusion. Here the !! means to bring in a field value. Since no tiddler is stated, it defaults to the current tiddler.

You could also write:
<$view field="myfield"/>

-e

Chuck R.

Dec 20, 2019, 8:57:08 AM12/20/19
to TiddlyWiki
Lol. That's the one. That's the only syntax I didn't try. Thanks. It worked.