Mobile-friendly static TiddlyWiki export

MaxGyver

Nov 3, 2019, 11:46:19 AM11/3/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi all,

my workflow looks like that:
  1. I add notes to my Node.js TiddlyWiki at home.
  2. When I'm done, I run a script that exports the wiki as a static html file and uploads it to my web space.
  3. Then I can access it at work using a laptop or anywhere else using my smartphone.
Unfortunately, the static version looks good only on a PC, but not on my smartphone. The story river fills only about 60% of the available width:

Screenshot_20191103-170923.jpg

And there are is an unnecessary margin left of the tiddlers (which looks nice on a large screen, but wastes precious space on a smartphone).

The non-static version of TiddlyWiki removes the margin on the left side and has a smaller margin on the right side when opened on a smartphone:

Screenshot_20191103-170829.jpg

Of course, I can zoom in. But then it's pain when I want to scroll horizontally within a tiddler (a wide table or a long code line).

I can remove the margins on the left and the right side (by manipulating the CSS with sed, for example) before I upload the static html file:

Screenshot_20191103-171028.jpg

But then the font is too small, and when I zoom in, the long lines won't be wrapped (as on a PC when you press Ctrl-+).

Does anybody have the same problem? Is there an easy way changing the HTML/CSS in order to get a mobile view similar to the non-static TiddlyWiki, maybe even without the margin on the right side?

Best regards
Max

TonyM

Nov 3, 2019, 5:41:31 PM11/3/19
to TiddlyWiki
Max

There is a static export template for generating the static output. Locate this and you can customise that for any output layout you desire.

Regards
Tony