Table of Contents by list field?

clutterstack

Aug 4, 2020, 1:35:53 PM8/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi all,

Here's a question: is there an existing plugin for generating a table of contents by list (or another) field, rather than by tag? I see that the core toc macros allow for sorting by e.g. the list field of the root tag tiddler.

I cloned the $:/core/macros/toc tiddler and with search-and-replace made it look for tiddlers in the list field of a root tiddler, rather than tagged tiddlers. As far as I've tested, it works fine. Is there any reason it shouldn't, or is it just a sort of not-needed feature?

Cheers,
Chris

Birthe C

Aug 4, 2020, 4:17:31 PM8/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
You use the list field, PMario used parent field https://wikilabs.github.io/editions/tocP/ I like that one and has used it in a couple of wikis.

Birthe

Chris Nicoll

Aug 4, 2020, 6:33:51 PM8/4/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
@Birthe Aha. I knew there had to be other approaches in the wild.

That's what I'm doing but in reverse, making the child tiddler do the work of keeping track of the relationship. It all orbits around ways to connect tiddlers and present those connections...I like PMario's approach too, because it keeps tags for other things.

But so far they all seem to work.

Cheers,
Chris