Block Quote changes

Martin Griewel

May 6, 2020, 9:17:05 AM5/6/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello,

in TW 5.1.17 a blockquote e.g. ">Test" was rendered to:

In TW 5.1.22 the same blockquote is rendered to:

The result is another look of my tiddlers.
Was this planned or is it a bug which will be corrected in future?

Thanks in advance
Martin

Martin Griewel

May 16, 2020, 10:17:49 AM5/16/20
to TiddlyWiki
Can no one tell me whether this is a bug or not?

Mohammad

May 16, 2020, 11:15:24 AM5/16/20
to TiddlyWiki
Martin,
 Testing using an empty.html of 5.1.17 and 5.1.22 shows the same results!
  for me both of them uses <p>

--Mohammad

Mat

May 16, 2020, 11:27:13 AM5/16/20
to TiddlyWiki
Martin, I agree it is a div in 5.1.22 (seen e.g in the inspector tool)

I know there has been discussion about unwanted <p> tags so maybe this was an intentional modifiation. Maybe you can find it in the release notes for 5.1.22 or previous.

<:-)

PMario

May 16, 2020, 12:00:50 PM5/16/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi

> test

creates <blockquote><div>

<<<
test
<<<

creates a <blockquote><p>

This is an intended change, since chained lists produce invalid html code.

-mario

Mohammad

May 16, 2020, 12:49:23 PM5/16/20
to TiddlyWiki
Ops,
 I tested

<<<
test
<<<

both 5.1.22 and 5.1.17 shows the same result!

BUT yes

> test

shows different!

Martin Griewel

May 17, 2020, 1:43:09 PM5/17/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,

thank you for the link to the documentation of the intended change.
I will fix my Stylesheet now to show the same result with <div> as with <p> before.

Regards
Martin