Known issues with Google Chrome and pdf-Files?

Uwe

Nov 24, 2021, 12:22:22 PM11/24/21
to TiddlyWiki
Hi dear helpers,

are there any known issues with Google Chrome and pdf-Files?

I use Version 96.0.4664.45 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit) and a fresh downloaded tiddlywiki 5.2.0

This works with Firefox 94.0.2 (64-Bit):

[ext[Skript_Facharbeit.pdf|./FW Abschlussarbeit Anforderungen/Skript_Facharbeit.pdf]]

but not with Google Chrome. I get a new empty page which says "Gets loaded" when I hover the empty tab. But the pdf-file gets never loaded.

I use timimi as plugins.

What can I do to solve the problem?

Greetings,

merlinuwe

Jeremy Ruston

Nov 24, 2021, 12:35:18 PM11/24/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Uwe

How large is the PDF?

In the last couple of years Chrome added a limitation on the size of data URIs which means that embedded PDFs won't work above a megabyte or two.

The workaround is to save the PDFs separately, and embed them via a _canonical_uri tiddler.

Best wishes

Jeremy

On 24 Nov 2021, at 17:32, Uwe <uwe.we...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi dear helpers,