Missing Tiddlers

Ross Table

May 12, 2023, 6:27:10 AM5/12/23
to TiddlyWiki
The Missing tiddlers section on the side bar ($:/core/ui/MoreSideBar/Missing) is great, but it seams to only be populated by references in the "text" field of a tiddler. I have a whole host of fields that I am transcluding that have square bracket tiddler's in them that don't exist and no way to know or check that I have not missed any.

I have a todo tag and a todo tiddler that I am using to track most of this, so I don't need to change the missing tiddler tiddler (though that might be the easiest way)

Does anyone have any suggestions?

scott....@gmail.com

May 13, 2023, 10:21:18 AM5/13/23
to TiddlyWiki
Ross Table wrote:

> The Missing tiddlers section on the side bar
> ($:/core/ui/MoreSideBar/Missing) is great, but it seams to only be
> populated by references in the "text" field of a tiddler. I have a
> whole host of fields that I am transcluding that have square bracket
> tiddler's in them that don't exist and no way to know or check that I
> have not missed any.

The Relink Plugin [re] does this for the `list` field.  If that doesn't
cover your needs, you might be able to look at its implementation to
figure out how it does so.

Note that it doesn't change the `Missing` tab but simply adds a `Relink
Missing` one.

I would suggest that you do this by whitelisting fields you want to
check rather than blacklisting the others, because something always
seems to sneak in, and then you'll be listing `#ffccff` as a missing
tiddler because some tiddler had that for it's `color` value.

PMario

May 14, 2023, 5:43:30 AM5/14/23
to TiddlyWiki
On Saturday, May 13, 2023 at 4:21:18 PM UTC+2 scott....@gmail.com wrote:

The Relink Plugin [re] does this for the `list` field.  If that doesn't
cover your needs, you might be able to look at its implementation to
figure out how it does so.

The relink plugin has a lot of configuration options. So IMO it's not needed to ahve a look at the code. Just carefully read the documentation and have a closer look about the config options that allow you to search custom fields for tiddler links.

Ross Table

May 19, 2023, 10:59:32 AM5/19/23
to TiddlyWiki
Thankyou Both!!! After some fighting with the configuration I managed to get exactly what I asked for!! Just have a Crap ton of broken references or non-existent tiddlers to deal with now _sigh_