Fields: system fields and user fields

Mohammad

Jan 7, 2020, 12:50:17 AM1/7/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Is there any way to distinguish between user field and system field?

Assume you have several tiddlers tagged with x and have fields

  • system fields like: title, tags, type,  text, ...
  • user fields like: myfield, yourfield, ... [those created by user NOT Tiddlywiki

And then

<$list filter="[tag[x]fields[system]]>

</$list>

or

<$list filter="[tag[x]fields[user]]>

</$list>

or something similar? fields:system[]?

--Mohammad

Mohammad

Jan 7, 2020, 12:51:34 AM1/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
For email readers: post edited

Jeremy Ruston

Jan 7, 2020, 3:45:03 AM1/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Mohammad

Is there any way to distinguish between user field and system field?

No. But the set of system fields is essentially fixed and so can be hard coded something like this:

<$list filter="[tag[x]fields[]] -text -title -modified -modifier -color -tags -list>

</$list>

Best wishes

Jeremy.

Assume you have several tiddlers tagged with x and have fields

  • system fields like: title, tags, type,  text, ...
  • user fields like: myfield, yourfield, ... [those created by user NOT Tiddlywiki

And then

<$list filter="[tag[x]fields[system]]>

</$list>

or

<$list filter="[tag[x]fields[user]]>

</$list>

or something similar? fields:system[]?

--Mohammad

TonyM

Jan 7, 2020, 5:30:45 AM1/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
Mohammad

I use a define system-fields() text title modified -modifier color tags list
then use -[subfilter<system-fields>] as needed such as following [all[current]fields[]]

regards
tony

Mohammad

Jan 7, 2020, 8:06:25 AM1/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
@Jeremy
Many thanks for clarification.

@Tony
I have created a tiddler $:/plugins/kookma/commander/config/systemTags with below value
title tags text created creator modified modifier color bag revision caption

and use it like -[subfilter{$:/plugins/kookma/commander/config/systemTags}]

--Mohammad

On Tuesday, January 7, 2020 at 12:15:03 PM UTC+3:30, Jeremy Ruston wrote:
Hi Mohammad

Is there any way to distinguish between user field and system field?

No. But the set of system fields is essentially fixed and so can be hard coded something like this:

<$list filter="[tag[x]fields[]] -text -title -modified -modifier -color -tags -list>

</$list>

Best wishes

Jeremy.

Assume you have several tiddlers tagged with x and have fields

  • system fields like: title, tags, type,  text, ...
  • user fields like: myfield, yourfield, ... [those created by user NOT Tiddlywiki

And then

<$list filter="[tag[x]fields[system]]>

</$list>

or

<$list filter="[tag[x]fields[user]]>

</$list>

or something similar? fields:system[]?

--Mohammad

Mohammad

Jan 7, 2020, 8:07:03 AM1/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
Added to TW-Scripts

Eric Shulman

Jan 7, 2020, 10:12:17 AM1/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
On Tuesday, January 7, 2020 at 5:06:25 AM UTC-8, Mohammad wrote:
I have created a tiddler $:/plugins/kookma/commander/config/systemTags with below value
title tags text created creator modified modifier color bag revision caption

and use it like -[subfilter{$:/plugins/kookma/commander/config/systemTags}]

Shouldn't that be called "systemFields" ???

-e

Mohammad

Jan 7, 2020, 10:16:36 AM1/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks Eric!

I correct it!

--Mohammad

TonyM

Jan 7, 2020, 6:10:23 PM1/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
Mohammad,

Do it however you want, but I think this is a global variable worthy of definition. In Which case a tiddler
$:/config/systemFields containing "text title modified modifier color tags list etc.."  See https://tiddlywiki.com/#TiddlerFields for the full list
and a Global macro $:/macros/global tagged $:/tags/Macro containing
\define systemFields() {{$:/config/systemFields}}
Would provide both a tiddler and variable

{{$:/config/systemFields}}
<<systemFields>>

I have being planning this for a while, So I will do it now and shareback.

I have a few more ideas to add

Regards
Tony

TonyM

Jan 7, 2020, 8:44:09 PM1/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
Mohammad,

I continue to develop this

$:/macros/globalFields

$:/config/otherCoreFields

class color description draft.of draft.title footer hide-body icon library list-after list-before name plugin-priority plugin-type source subtitle toc-link

$:/config/hiddenFields

{{{ [all[]prefix[$:/config/EditTemplateFields/Visibility/]text[hide]removeprefix[$:/config/EditTemplateFields/Visibility/]] }}}

Regards
Tony

Mohammad

Jan 7, 2020, 11:26:32 PM1/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
This is a good solution!
I think Core should convey this to standardize the use of system tags!

--Mohammad

Mohammad

Jan 7, 2020, 11:35:45 PM1/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
Added to TW-Scripts

This is a better solution as it gives all types of fields!

--Mohammad

TonyM

Jan 7, 2020, 11:41:24 PM1/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
Mohammad,

I think I may refine this set of macros and field names with a little more research. I think it a worthy exercise for us to jointly identify useful global macros that may make sense adding to the standard distribution.

Regards
Tony

A Gloom

Jan 7, 2020, 11:47:27 PM1/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
this may be of help

As Jeremy pointed out, the core/system fields have lingo tiddlers which Tobias used for a filter to display/or exclude them in filters

[all[shadows]sort[title]prefix[$:/language/Docs/Fields/]]

[all[tiddlers]fields[]sort[title]] -[all[shadows]removeprefix[$:/language/Docs/Fields/]]

attached tiddler is based off his work and displays all fields along with any lingo tooltips for them, in a format layout resembling how they appear in a tiddler in view and edit modes
fields explanations.tid

TonyM

Jan 8, 2020, 12:46:34 AM1/8/20
to TiddlyWiki
A Gloom,

Thanks for pointing this out. I would hope in someway's this did not work! Why?, because anyone adding a new fieldname should perhaps provide a $:/language/Docs/Fields/fieldname tiddler as needed for the language.

If this were the case then this would only list those with/without the $:/language/Docs/Fields/fieldname

Never the less this is a useful pointer.

See my last reply for $:/config/hiddenFields which has a similar but different result.

Regards
Tony

TonyM

Jan 8, 2020, 12:47:30 AM1/8/20
to TiddlyWiki
Post script : There will be more fields since Tobias updated this documentation.

Tony

A Gloom

Jan 8, 2020, 3:09:12 AM1/8/20
to TiddlyWiki
Tony

Post script : There will be more fields since Tobias updated this documentation.

I wasn't providing an solution or replacement for what you or others are creating here-- this is merely a reference

shouldn't be an issue-- Tobias' solution will work till TW version infinity -- if the fields are core, released with the bare wiki, lingo tiddlers are usually created by the devs, so the language filter will catch any new core/system fields

Tobias  I believe, used and modified core filters that are used for things such as tiddler info, fields tab.  There's 2 filters-- 1 that finds any field with lingo tiddlers, another tha finds any without (which would be user created fields)-- the fields expalnation tiddler if put into a wiki will find every field-- core and user-- except fields for $ prefixed tiddlers

I don't know of/seen anyone else creating languages tiddlers for fields-- if so, then thats would be a flaw with this approach since they show as system fields

another flaw-- it shows system fields even if they're not in use

been using Tobias' approach-- it detects and seperates all system/core fields and user created fields.  Instead of using lingo/language tiddlers I use a central data tiddler for annotating purpose of user created fields (data tiddler editor in upper right corner of a master fields display tiddler in screenshot)

fscreen.jpg

PMario

Jan 8, 2020, 3:47:18 AM1/8/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,

The ControlPanel: Advanced: TiddlerFields tab contains a list of fields that exist in a TW. ... Tiddlers with "hints" are de-facto standard. no-hint is user defined.

-mario