simple data structure

Giannis Moutsinas

Mar 27, 2020, 8:08:51 AM3/27/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,

I want to create a simple data structure to keep track of some characters in a story. For the sake of example let's say that each character has to have 2 fields (father and mother) which will contain the names of other characters. I have a couple of problems (probably because I looked at outdated examples).

I have created a simple view template and gave it the tag $:/tags/ViewTemplate. Its text field is:
<$list filter="[is[current]tag[character]]">
|!Father|{{!!father}} |
|!Mother|{{!!mother}} |
</$list>

Which works if I transclude it explicitly. It is not transcluded by default. How can I do that?

Also I would like to have a "new character" button which would bring up a form tiddler with all the fields. I know how to write the form, but I am completely lost on how to create a new tiddler based on that. Any help is really appreciated.

Regards,
Giannis

Mark S.

Mar 27, 2020, 10:48:10 AM3/27/20
to TiddlyWiki
For this to become used everywhere, the template tiddler must be tagged $:/tags/ViewTemplate.

There are about 3 different ways to make new tiddlers in TW. Take a look at

Giannis Moutsinas

Mar 27, 2020, 3:11:12 PM3/27/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks! The link you shared what exactly what I needed. :)