menu item linking directly to a tiddler

Eric Kofoid

Jun 18, 2019, 4:30:12 PM6/18/19
to TiddlyWiki
I have used Ton Gerner's excellent plugins to create a menubar with several drop-down menus linking to tiddlers of interest.

I would also like a couple of items in the menubar which link directly to specific tiddlers. For instance, I would like an item "About" which, when clicked, will immediately call up the corresponding tiddler without the intervention of a drop-down list.

Also, I would like to embed a small image of a vertical bar in the menu bar to separate drop-down items on the left from specific links on the right. If clicked, it would elicit no response.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Eric

TonyM

Jun 18, 2019, 8:19:38 PM6/18/19
to TiddlyWiki
Eric,

It sounds like you answer relates to Ton Gerner's plugins. To get others to assist you I suggest linking to the demo for the plugins you are using and tell us something about how you use them, even better share a link to a wiki.

My own my menus plugin site has a lot of examples of how to code menu items, you may find some ideas there.

Regards
Tony

Ton Gerner

Jun 19, 2019, 4:41:48 AM6/19/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Eric

I have used Ton Gerner's excellent plugins to create a menubar with several drop-down menus linking to tiddlers of interest.

Glad to hear you like them.

Assuming you are using my Top menu plugin which contains for the top menu (to be adjusted):

{{tagpill1||$:/plugins/tongerner/topmenu/menu-template}}
{{tagpill2||$:/plugins/tongerner/topmenu/menu-template}}

You can add to the top menu:

  • links (e.g. GettingStarted)
  • images (e.g. $:/core/images/right-arrow)
  • symbols (e.g. &#x2758;)
  • ...

in the following manner:

{{$:/core/ui/Buttons/home}}
[[GettingStarted]]
{{$:/core/images/right-arrow}}
&#x2758;
{{tagpill1||$:/plugins/tongerner/topmenu/menu-template}}
{{tagpill2||$:/plugins/tongerner/topmenu/menu-template}}

For sure it needs some CSS tweaking.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

Ton