Couple of separation issues, maybe?

tejjyid

Dec 7, 2016, 6:04:19 AM12/7/16
to TiddlySpace
Sory to see TS go.

I finally got around to downloading my spaces the other day; 2 things i've noticed (running them in Firefox with the Tidllyfox extension).
1.) I can't save upates to tiddlers
2.) I can't import tiddlers from a file using the import/export behind-the-scenes menu.

Can anyone point me a direction to solve these?

Thanks

(even as a static archive, they'll still be fun to have around)

Handoko Suwono

Dec 7, 2016, 6:16:26 AM12/7/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
yes, you can download it as a static tiddlywiki and it's a classic version.

1) I am not sure why you can't update to tiddlers? Do you mean you
can't save it? If you can't save then it might be a tiddlyfox issue.
Try to restarting.
2) Try to upgrade the downloaded TW into TW5 because the classic
version won't work as TS. The backstage menu is brought from TS.

I am reposting what I did here,

Steps on making static backup of your TS

I am in the process of making manual backup of my TS. My method is
done by making an offline copy of my TS and to convert it to recent
version of TW5 thus providing a static backup. At least this is
something that I can do before trying Mario's script.

I made a download copy of my TS using the export function from the
backstage and it turns out to be a classic version 2.8.1.

I use a recent TW5 empty.html ver 5.1.13 and imported all the tiddlers
from here and importing works as a charm. It showed incompatibility
issue because of its classic version which can easily be rectified
using the upgrade button to each.

"This tiddler is written in TiddlyWiki Classic wiki text format, which
is not fully compatible with TiddlyWiki version 5. See
http://tiddlywiki.com/static/Upgrading.html for more details."

Tiddlers with images (say imagex.jpg) and TS related functions can not
be upgraded and need to be discarded.

Then I renamed all the title related in the control panel to identify
it as a new TW under TW5.

Let me know if you are eager to preserve your TS using this method.

handoko -

tejjyid

Dec 7, 2016, 3:29:39 PM12/7/16
to TiddlySpace
Cheers Handoko, all problems apparently solved by converting to TW 5

Thanks

tejjyid

Dec 8, 2016, 4:14:09 PM12/8/16
to TiddlySpace
Spoke too soon....

All my tiddlyspace stuff is in TW 2 and contains a lot of macros & inline javascript; converting all this to TW5 looks to be a real pain, because doc on TW 5 seems to be sketchy, or at least, ell hidden from Google.

The problem with TiddlyFox & TW2 continues; it's because the spaces I download don't have a "save" option visible - I tried an old TW2 that I had lying around and the backstage "save" option in that is missing from my downloaded TiddlySpaces.

This leaves me pretty f-ed up; either I invest hours in working out TW5 - for no real gain that I can see - to get my old code working, or I chuck the work  invested in TW2 'cos it's not updateable. Or ....

I can't find any stuff on this problem - hard to believe it's unique though, so maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

tejjyid

Dec 9, 2016, 5:33:59 AM12/9/16
to TiddlySpace
Ha! OK, I may have found my problem. I didn't look hard enough for the "Save" button, which I eventually found as "save changes" on the "Tiddlers" menu. Plus, some more searching and I found the  <<saveChanges>> macro, so now I'm cooking with gas in classic TW.

Yeehah