Editing tiddler fields and creating a new tiddler

cor...@sunyit.edu

Sep 22, 2015, 10:03:04 AM9/22/15
to TiddlySpace
Hello.

I'm working on getting audio embedded in a tiddler with HTML5, and one criteria is that I need is a start and stop timestamp, using HTML5 audio timestamps. I can do it fine manually, using the audio tiddler example on the TW website.

I've got an input saving the contents of a tiddler. I edited the getting started tiddler and pulled the $edit-text tiddler=... that edits the title of the site, and it works great. However, I want to have a form with a URI, start time, and end time that will create a new tiddler with that data. So, I need to know two things...

1) How do I create a new tiddler through a form-tiddler?
2) How do I edit/add a tiddler field instead of the tiddler text through a form-tiddler?

Also, this would be using the same mp3 format that's used on the audio example on the TW site.

Thanks.

Tobias Beer

Sep 23, 2015, 3:55:08 AM9/23/15
to TiddlySpace
Hi <yourname>,

Assuming you've posted to the right groups, and you're using TiddlySpace, which is running TW2, not TW5...

I'm working on getting audio embedded in a tiddler with HTML5, and one criteria is that I need is a start and stop timestamp, using HTML5 audio timestamps. I can do it fine manually, using the audio tiddler example on the TW website.

In TW2, you need to wrap html using a <html> tag, e.g.

<video src="http://v2v.cc/~j/theora_testsuite/320x240.ogg#t=1" controls>
  Your browser does not support the
<code>video</code> element.
</video>

I've got an input saving the contents of a tiddler. I edited the getting started tiddler and pulled the $edit-text tiddler=... that edits the title of the site, and it works great.

This makes me think that you actually did post to the wrong group, so *TW5 mode activated*...

However, I want to have a form with a URI, start time, and end time that will create a new tiddler with that data. So, I need to know two things...

1) How do I create a new tiddler through a form-tiddler?

By creating a form using the corresponding edit widgets that write to a well defined temporary state tiddler and then use a button to save that one as a real tiddler, i.e. one that is not a system tiddler.

2) How do I edit/add a tiddler field instead of the tiddler text through a form-tiddler?

By loading an existing tiddler into your form and then using the same save button to overwrite it.

Also, this would be using the same mp3 format that's used on the audio example on the TW site.

So it should work, if it works on tiddlywiki.com... unless your path to that file was incorrect... or the tiddler.

Best wishes,

— tb