Using GSD5 in tiddlyspace

Richard Campbell

Jul 15, 2015, 2:28:47 PM7/15/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Can't quite get how to use GSD5 in a tiddlyspace, or is this even possible.

Tobias Beer

Oct 23, 2015, 10:16:26 AM10/23/15
to TiddlySpace
Hi Richard,

I think the experience would be at least not be consistent, as TS has plenty baggage for TW2 in its basic space configuration. Up to this date, there doesn't seem to have been any steps towards future integration with TiddlyWiki5, which is ...sad.

In this forum not even a single response from the TiddlySpace team has popped up at the time I last asked for feedback, about a year ago:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/tiddlyspace/cKxJFJPZBcA

I'd wish cdent would find the time to help create the basic scaffolding for writing to TS on the TW5 end. However, any server defaults of TiddlySpace and init scripts or space-sanity-checks are possibly accessible but to Osmosoft only. Not sure how easy it would be for TW5 to actually write to the public bag or to move a tiddler from private to public and back.

Most problematically, the entire control panel stuff is tightly wired with the TW2 infrastructure, so porting that to TW5 requires more than just good will... takes actual manpower.

Best wishes,

— tb

cdent

Nov 23, 2015, 1:13:00 PM11/23/15
to TiddlySpace

On Friday, October 23, 2015 at 3:16:26 PM UTC+1, Tobias Beer wrote:
I'd wish cdent would find the time to help create the basic scaffolding for writing to TS on the TW5 end. However, any server defaults of TiddlySpace and init scripts or space-sanity-checks are possibly accessible but to Osmosoft only. Not sure how easy it would be for TW5 to actually write to the public bag or to move a tiddler from private to public and back.

Yeah, I wish I could find time for many things. Unfortunately I'm not currently in a position where I can ignore money requirement.

It might be useful for people to create a space with wishlist items, or use the issues in tiddlyspace github repo, at least as a way of keeping track of stuff so it doesn't get forgotten or so if someone (e.g. me) comes upon some free time or good will they can pick something up.

Of course the problem with that plan is that currently the only evidence that tiddlyspace will continue living is that it has for the last two years. I'm not sure how much of a solid guarantee that is, but I guess I must have done something right putting the service together.

J. Randal Matheny

Nov 23, 2015, 1:19:06 PM11/23/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
You said / Você disse:
Of course the problem with that plan is that currently the only evidence that tiddlyspace will continue living is that it has for the last two years. I'm not sure how much of a solid guarantee that is, but I guess I must have done something right putting the service together.

This past week I began to download and move several of my spaces to other options. It's a sad time for me, because I love TiddlySpace. After the bookmarklet stopped working, that was the Big Sign for me that TS was on its last leg.

--
James Randal Matheny