Re: Tiddlywiki Users Gathering / Conference?

Handoko Suwono

Apr 23, 2014, 10:23:32 PM4/23/14
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com, tiddl...@googlegroups.com
> Anyone interested? If I get 3-4 responses here, I'll initiate a
> broader discussion when we can start talking about timing and
> location.

I am interested. I have started using TW back in 2008 and been promoting TW-TS in many conferences. Most recently in FOSS Asia 2014 in Phnom Penh, previously 2012 in Siem Reap, and 2010 in Ho Chi Minh city. My intro on TW was then in 2009 in Manila.

Though I may not be able to attend since I am away in Asia, I am interested to hear more. So I am copying to TS list which is less crowded than in TW list.

Handoko -
astroiseur.tiddlyspace.com

On Wednesday, April 23, 2014 8:53:43 PM UTC+7, stevesuny wrote:
About 18 months ago, in another thread, Dickon wrote:

"Conference?: This leads me to suggest that one way forward would be to think about that old fashioned idea of getting people together to share how they are using TS... I am not so interested in the technical development (though am in awe of you who do it!) but I would like to hear narratives of how other people are using their spaces and the various things that this-being-TS (rather than some other blogging space) allows them to do this.  I suppose I would suggest a small conference - get some people together who can talk about how they are using TS - why they are using TS and not something else out there.

 I agree that this be a good idea. I don't know if it should be TW5 or Classic, or if it matters. I've not made the leap to TW5 (I'm a tiddlyspace user), so I think I'm partial to TW Classic, but I could be convinced otherwise.

I imagine a small group of users, perhaps gathered digitally, but ideally face-to-face, maybe 10-15 attendees, to share what we've been doing. I've been using tiddly* (mostly, tiddlyspace) as a platform to support teaching & learning (the "SUNYIT users" in tiddlyspace), and would love to share in understanding what others are doing. Forcing ourselves to gather our findings in a presentation space might enable us to learn from each other. And this moment in time (especially with the uncertainty in the tiddlyspace world) might be opportune.

Anyone interested? If I get 3-4 responses here, I'll initiate a broader discussion when we can start talking about timing and location. One motivating factor for me: a looming deadline for small-grant submission (May 15) that I'd hope to use to fund my participation & travel.

//steve.
Steve Schneider
st...@sunyit.edu
SUNY Institute of Technology

Jeremy Ruston

Apr 24, 2014, 4:07:00 AM4/24/14
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com, TiddlyWiki
Hi Steve, Handoko,

Anyone interested?

Very much so. A face to face meeting would be terrific if it could be arranged - I live in Oxford, which is a popular venue for these kinds of conferences :)

Best wishes

Jeremy.

Jeremy Ruston
mailto:jeremy...@gmail.com

Dickon Bevington

Apr 25, 2014, 8:35:00 PM4/25/14
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com, tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Count me in - Oxford a good venue, Cambridge even better!

Dickon

Steven Schneider

Apr 30, 2014, 3:17:05 PM4/30/14
to TiddlySpace
It seems like we are getting some traction on this .... at least enough for me to write a grant proposal to cover my travel :)

Seems that UK makes some sense. Do we think we could get 5-7 users, and maybe 2-4 developers together?

//steve.

Steven M. Schneider
SUNY Institute of Technology  | http://www.sunyit.edu
Professor and Chair, Department of Communication & Humanities
Coordinator, Communication & Information Design Program

Jeremy Ruston

May 5, 2014, 2:56:08 PM5/5/14
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steven

It seems like we are getting some traction on this .... at least enough for me to write a grant proposal to cover my travel :)

Great, let us know if there's anything that can be done to help.

Best wishes

Jeremy.

Jeremy Ruston
mailto:jeremy...@gmail.com

Handoko Suwono

Jul 31, 2015, 12:15:00 AM7/31/15
to tiddlyspace
am reposting. Also to ask how many TW/TS users in the stat?

handoko -