TiddlySpace Landing Page and DNS Entries

Jeremy Ruston

Dec 10, 2016, 4:32:59 AM12/10/16
to TiddlySpace
I hold the tiddlyspace.com domain name on behalf of UnaMesa. Now that the site is closing, I've made the following arrangements:

* Establish a simple plain HTML landing page that explains what has happened. The page is hosted on GitHub and there is space for individuals and groups to add their own announcements.
* Redirect known *.tiddlspace.com URLs to a new location

Unexpectedly, tiddlyspace.com hasn't actually closed yet, so I've set everything up on temporarily on http://tiddlyspace.net. So, you'll see:

* http://tiddlyspace.net shows the landing page
* http://ambit.tiddlyspace.net redirects to the AMBIT's temporary home, https://spaces.xememex.com/ambit

Please remember that all of these URLs will be changed from *.net to *.com when the site actually closes.

If you'd like to add a notice to the landing page please say so here, or send a pull request at https://github.com/TiddlySpace/tiddlyspace.github.io

If you'd like to add a redirect for your own space, please say so here, or send a pull request at https://github.com/TiddlySpace/tiddlyspace.com-redirects

And of course any questions, thoughts, suggestions are welcome,

Best wishes

Jeremy

PMario

Dec 10, 2016, 4:29:49 PM12/10/16
to TiddlySpace
Hi Jeremy,
Good to know. Thx!
-m

John Ryan

Dec 11, 2016, 3:05:03 AM12/11/16
to TiddlySpace
We have no control over when Bytemark will actually shut down the server hosting the service. Technically, the contract expired at midnight this past Friday, December 9, but we have been advised that termination is almost never immediate. I would expect the shut down to happen this week sometime.- osmosoft

Jeremy Ruston

Dec 11, 2016, 3:17:34 AM12/11/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks John, that's helpful. I shall set up some monitoring to keep an eye on it,

Best wishes

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Ruston