Battery upgrade for S750 -- success story

Baris Eris

Aug 11, 2016, 10:50:06 PM8/11/16
to TidalForce Forum
Hi folks,

I'm still enjoying my S750, now with following modifications:
1. Removed hub battery wheel completely, bought a $70 rim and swapped the tire. Weight loss in the front is substantial and I like it.
2. Bought this battery for $333 on Ebay. (it seems to have jumped to $348 since)
3. Bought this plug for $2.5 to replace charging port on S750 (battery comes with the male version of this)
4. Bought this battery case for $10, turned out to be very nice one.
5. Used an existing bike rear rack to hold the battery in the case above.

I turned on Turbo and went for a ride, I'm 190lbs. Ride was around the flat portions of the valley; exceeded 22 miles at top speed of 19.5-20mph and it still was going strong. I charged again, not wanting to risk running out on the next ride.

I'm very happy to have revived the bike back to life. I should also add that no-battery ride is a lot easier/comfortable due to removal of the bulky battery-wheel. Almost feels like a regular bike :)

Of course I don't know about the longevity of this particular battery, count of charges it holds etc -- but so far so good.

Would be good to hear if anyone replaced the heavy frame for more of a road-conditions. I suppose that'd save on weight and add even more range.

Baris.