Problem with WebMail - GMail 0.8.1

Filipe Teófilo Albuquerque

Nov 21, 2013, 7:12:53 AM11/21/13
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
Since I updated to WebMail - GMail 0.8.1 my Thunderbird has a strange problem:

Every time that I start Thunderbird and it tries to download my GMail messages, I receive the message "Sending of username did not succed. Mail server localhost respond: gmail.com is a unsupported domain". I noticed that it happens because the WebMail - GMail 0.8.1, apparently, was "automatically" uninstalled. If I install it again and restart Thunderbird, it works well. However, when I close Thunderbird and start it again, the same problem happens.

I did some tests and, mysteriously, observed that:

1) Thunderbird is running and WebMail - Gmail 0.8.1 is installed and working;
2) If I restart Thunderbird, WebMail - Gmail 0.8.1 is "automatically" uninstalled and doesn't work;
3) If I restart Thunderbird again, Thunderbird ask me to install WebMail - Gmail 0.8.1;
4) If I accept, it installs the add-on and ask to restart the Thunderbird;
5) When Thunderbird is restarted, it returns to step "1" and everything happens again forever (steps "2", "3", "4", "5", "1"...).

Does anyone have the same issue? Any idea how to solve this?

Best Regards,

Filipe Albuquerque

PS 1: Thunderbird version 24.1.1; Another add-ons, like WebMail - Hotmail 1.4.1 and WebMail - Yahoo 1.5.8, work perfectly.

PS 2: When WebMail - Gmail 0.8.1 is working well, there is a folder "{860a7040-44a3-11da-8cd6-0800200c9a66}" inside the extensions folder in my profile. The folder "{860a7040-44a3-11da-8cd6-0800200c9a66}" has a empty file "domains.txt" inside it. When I close Thunderbird, this folder remains there, but when I restart Thunderbird this folder is deleted and WebMail - Gmail 0.8.1 breaks down.

KE4AVB

Dec 10, 2013, 6:52:11 PM12/10/13
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
I have seen this on my Linux systems. Start-up TB install the gmail extension. Leave Tb running and using your system's file explorer goto the webmail extension folder. Set this folder to read-only and your problem should go away until you need to upgrade the gmail extension at which time you will reset the folder to read/write until the new extension is install and then set it back read only.

I have tried to get someone understand the problem but no one seems interested or believes the problem exist only with the gmail extension.

filipe

Dec 12, 2013, 7:26:44 AM12/12/13
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
Ok, thanks.

Mysteriously, my problem was solved when I started using the same profile in Windows and Mac OS. I have my profile in a external HD and use it at work with Windows and at home with Mac OS. Since I started using it with Mac OS, the problem disappeared.

Filipe Albuquerque