[MBUN] Re: Park Day: Tues Jan 24, Blue Ball Park, Santa Cruz

1 view

Kim

Jan 23, 2012, 11:52:22 AM1/23/12
to MB...@yahoogroups.com

Hi all,

We haven't been to one of these in a long time, as my son Sage (7) hasn't been interested, but are thinking of possibly coming tomorrow because the idea of the nerf gun fight we heard rumors of last week sounded intriguing to him.  He thought that one through, however, and is worried about losing his bullets.  Instead he is wondering if anyone would be interested in having sword fights.

We could bring a few extra swords for anyone who wants to fight doesn't have their own.  They are not "regulation" LARP swords, they are just PVC pipe covered with pipe insulation and they serve as both swords or light sabers depending on the mood.

If there is anyone planning to come that would like to do this, please let us know via email, as that will help Sage decide if he wants to come.

Thanks!

Kim Eabry
Sage (7)

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

sarehl42

Jan 23, 2012, 12:30:47 PM1/23/12
to MB...@yahoogroups.com

We had the Nerf Battle last week, at Via Paraiso park in Monterey. I'm not sure it would work out as well at Blue Ball Park, since it is so much busier, with so many more people typically. Maybe we should make plans for next week.

--- In MB...@yahoogroups.com, Kim <keabry@...> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We haven't been to one of these in a long time, as my son Sage (7) hasn't been interested, but are thinking of possibly coming tomorrow because the idea of the nerf gun fight we heard rumors of last week sounded intriguing to him. He thought that one through, however, and is worried about losing his bullets. Instead he is wondering if anyone would be interested in having sword fights.
>
> We could bring a few extra swords for anyone who wants to fight doesn't have their own. They are not "regulation" LARP swords, they are just PVC pipe covered with pipe insulation and they serve as both swords or light sabers depending on the mood.
>
> If there is anyone planning to come that would like to do this, please let us know via email, as that will help Sage decide if he wants to come.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Kim Eabry
> Sage (7)

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

Rebecca Downing

Jan 23, 2012, 12:45:37 PM1/23/12
to MB...@yahoogroups.com

Hi Kim,

So glad to hear from you!  I hope you can join us tomorrow.  Please tell Sage that the kids marked their darts with their initials and kept pretty good track of them. Aidan just informed me that he retrieved all of his.

Your offer of sword fighting probably works better at Blue Ball than Nerf Guns. We don't have a sword so bringing extras is perfect.  Perhaps laying down ground rules at the outset is best too. Like - no swords around the playground!

See you soon!

Rebecca

We had the Nerf Battle last week, at Via Paraiso park in Monterey. I'm not sure it would work out as well at Blue Ball Park, since it is so much busier, with so many more people typically. Maybe we should make plans for next week.

--- In MB...@yahoogroups.com, Kim <keabry@...> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We haven't been to one of these in a long time, as my son Sage (7) hasn't been interested, but are thinking of possibly coming tomorrow because the idea of the nerf gun fight we heard rumors of last week sounded intriguing to him. He thought that one through, however, and is worried about losing his bullets. Instead he is wondering if anyone would be interested in having sword fights.
>
> We could bring a few extra swords for anyone who wants to fight doesn't have their own. They are not "regulation" LARP swords, they are just PVC pipe covered with pipe insulation and they serve as both swords or light sabers depending on the mood.
>
> If there is anyone planning to come that would like to do this, please let us know via email, as that will help Sage decide if he wants to come.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Kim Eabry
> Sage (7)

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

Cynthia Adams

Jan 23, 2012, 1:53:21 PM1/23/12
to MB...@yahoogroups.com

Hi Kim (and everyone else! ) that all sounds great.  We will be at Blue Ball tomorrow until about 3PM also.  I will pack up our light sabers, we have some to share.  Kim, haven't seen you in a long time, it'll be nice to catch up!     :)  Cynthia and Gavin (13)

Jan 23, 2012, 8:05:03 PM1/23/12
to MB...@yahoogroups.com

Yay! We're coming! Thanks for responding!

Sage is excited that people are interested in sword / light saber fighting. He thinks the idea of restricting play to the grassy area away from the playground is a good idea, and is definitely open to any other ground rules that people want to suggest.

We have 5 or more swords we'll bring - again, they're sort of padded, but we should explain that they aren't designed for really whacking anyone.

Warmly,

Kim

--- In MB...@yahoogroups.com, Rebecca Downing <wikiwikiohana@...> wrote:

> Hi Kim,
>

> So glad to hear from you!  I hope you can join us tomorrow.  Please tell Sage that the kids marked their darts with their initials and kept pretty good track of them. Aidan just informed me that he retrieved all of his.
>
> Your offer of sword fighting probably works better at Blue Ball than Nerf Guns. We don't have a sword so bringing extras is perfect.  Perhaps laying down ground rules at the outset is best too. Like - no swords around the playground!

> See you soon!
>
> Rebecca

Recent Activity:
.