[MBUN] Park Day lately or soon?

sarehl42

Jan 8, 2012, 12:53:34 AM1/8/12
to MB...@yahoogroups.com

We've been kind of out of the loop in many ways lately. We all miss regular Park Days though. Are they just not happening on this list lately? Or behind the scenes? If not, is anyone interested?

-Sara

with Kira (11), Maeve (6), and Isla (2)

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

Kami

Jan 8, 2012, 9:29:16 AM1/8/12
to MB...@yahoogroups.com

We are new to the area and have been trying to get together with families since Nov but have been unsuccessful. We would love to meet. Which park is good for you, and when?

Raymond, Kami and Kagan

On Jan 7, 2012, at 9:53 PM, "sarehl42" <sar...@gmail.com> wrote:

We've been kind of out of the loop in many ways lately. We all miss regular Park Days though. Are they just not happening on this list lately? Or behind the scenes? If not, is anyone interested?

-Sara

with Kira (11), Maeve (6), and Isla (2)

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

purple...@sbcglobal.net

Jan 8, 2012, 11:17:11 AM1/8/12
to MB...@yahoogroups.com

We would love to meet everyone as well! Let us know when next park day is! Happy New YEAR to all!

Smiles,
Krishna (not telling!;), Kiya (10), Kief(8)

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

Bean as in Sabine

Jan 8, 2012, 12:42:22 PM1/8/12
to MB...@yahoogroups.com

We love dennis the menace. I work out of town 1/2 the week so I can only meet on mondays and tuesdays.

Sabine on my Droid

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

Wikiwikiohana

Jan 8, 2012, 1:22:04 PM1/8/12
to MB...@yahoogroups.com

We are headed out of town on Wednesday so Monday or Tuesday is best for us. Dennis may be closed on Tuesday.
Rebecca and Aidan (11yrs)

Sent via remote hand held unit

On Jan 8, 2012, at 9:42 AM, Bean as in Sabine <bean...@gmail.com> wrote:

We love dennis the menace. I work out of town 1/2 the week so I can only meet on mondays and tuesdays.

Sabine on my Droid

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

Bean as in Sabine

Jan 8, 2012, 3:02:36 PM1/8/12
to MB...@yahoogroups.com

Rebecca Downing

Jan 8, 2012, 7:44:31 PM1/8/12
to MB...@yahoogroups.com

Ooooooooops!
That's what I get for replying away from home and calendar.  We will not be able to go to the park tomorrow. Tuesday is ok but we love Dennis and understand if you all want to go there tomorrow.  We will catch you next time.
Rebecca and Aidan

Jan 8, 2012, 8:12:57 PM1/8/12
to MB...@yahoogroups.com

Rebecca Downing

Jan 8, 2012, 9:36:10 PM1/8/12
to MB...@yahoogroups.com

Yes, Dennis is closed when school is in session.

OK, now my mind is a sieve.  We can go tomorrow....not Tuesday.

We are game for Dennis but probably not until about 1 pm.

How does tomorrow work for ya'll?

Rebecca

Jan 8, 2012, 9:40:28 PM1/8/12
to MB...@yahoogroups.com

Well I have a doctors appointment in salinas tomorrow at 3, so that might be cutting it close. Maybe next monday?

Sabine on my Droid

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

sarehl42

Jan 8, 2012, 10:33:27 PM1/8/12
to MB...@yahoogroups.com

We can do Monday at Dennis the Menace. We just have to leave by 3ish.

-Sara

--- In MB...@yahoogroups.com, Rebecca Downing <wikiwikiohana@...> wrote:

> Yes, Dennis is closed when school is in session.
>
> OK, now my mind is a sieve.  We can go tomorrow....not Tuesday.

> We are game for Dennis but probably not until about 1 pm.
>
> How does tomorrow work for ya'll?
>
> Rebecca
>

> ________________________________

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

Eileen Burke Woodward

Jan 9, 2012, 12:48:56 PM1/9/12
to MB...@yahoogroups.com
We can make it...should be there about 1:30.

Eileen w/ Ben (10), Nathan (8), Gabriel (6)
--
www.myeileen.com

Kami

Jan 9, 2012, 11:28:23 PM1/9/12
to MB...@yahoogroups.com, MB...@yahoogroups.com

I noticed that lots of families went to park day today. Unfortunately, we were not able to make it. Is anyone interested in a weekly park day? If so, which day and park?

Raymond, Kami and Kagan

On Jan 8, 2012, at 6:36 PM, Rebecca Downing wrote:

Yes, Dennis is closed when school is in session.

OK, now my mind is a sieve.  We can go tomorrow....not Tuesday.

We are game for Dennis but probably not until about 1 pm.

How does tomorrow work for ya'll?

Rebecca

Jan 10, 2012, 1:05:27 AM1/10/12
to MB...@yahoogroups.com

I would love to have a weekly park day at Dennis the Menace on Mondays...

Sabine, and Maia (2 1/2)
Carmel Valley, CA  93924

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

sarehl42

Jan 10, 2012, 10:53:23 AM1/10/12
to MB...@yahoogroups.com

Yesterday before leaving Dennis the Menace, there was talk of meeting at Via Paraiso next Tuesday (where scooters and such are allowed).

Additional talk was of a planned Nerf Gun battle :). So we're planning on bringing eye protection, and spare Nerf guns for sharing.

--- In MB...@yahoogroups.com, Kami <kamiblackhurst@...> wrote:

> I noticed that lots of families went to park day today. Unfortunately, we were not able to make it. Is anyone interested in a weekly park day? If so, which day and park?
>
> Raymond, Kami and Kagan
>

> On Jan 9, 2012, at 9:48 AM, Eileen Burke Woodward <eileen@...> wrote:
>
> > We can make it...should be there about 1:30.
> >
> > Eileen w/ Ben (10), Nathan (8), Gabriel (6)
> > --
> > www.myeileen.com
> > <Independent Eco-Consultant Logo.jpg>
> >
> > On Jan 8, 2012, at 6:36 PM, Rebecca Downing wrote:
> >

> >> Yes, Dennis is closed when school is in session.
> >>
> >> OK, now my mind is a sieve. We can go tomorrow....not Tuesday.
> >>
> >> We are game for Dennis but probably not until about 1 pm.
> >>
> >> How does tomorrow work for ya'll?
> >>
> >> Rebecca

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

Wikiwikiohana

Jan 10, 2012, 11:37:20 AM1/10/12
to MB...@yahoogroups.com

We will bring extra Nerf guns so everyone can play.
Rebecca

Sent via remote hand held unit

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

Cynthia Adams

Jan 10, 2012, 11:49:46 AM1/10/12
to MB...@yahoogroups.com

We will too.  Is ammo to be included, or will it just be imaginary ammo?  (I have an unpleasant mental picture of myself, crawling through the park bushes, looking for those orange darts)!  The extended forecast for next Tuesday says 60' and sunny.  So do plan bundle up well, as this park can be colder than others.
 See you then, Cynthia and Gavin (12)

Jan 10, 2012, 11:59:17 AM1/10/12
to MB...@yahoogroups.com

I don't know via paraiso. Where is that park? And what time are you meeting next monday?

Sabine on my Droid

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

Cynthia Adams

Jan 10, 2012, 12:19:22 PM1/10/12
to MB...@yahoogroups.com

Hi Sabine, none of us could do Monday next week, Tuesdays are usually easier.  But Dennis the Menace is closed on Tuesdays, when Monterey schools are in session, which is why we ended up there yesterday.
    We all agreed we would meet on Tuesday next week, 1/17.  No time was mentioned, but usually people show up around 1-1:30PM.  Via Paraiso Park is in Old Monterey, at the corners of Via Paraiso and Herrmann Drive or Via Paraiso and Via Gayuba.  Easiest way from downtown Monterey, from Pacific St., is to turn up Martin St., go all the way up the hill, stay to the right as Martin becomes Via Gayuba, and the park will be on your right.  Turn right at the first stop sign, onto Via Paraiso, and as you curve to the right, you can go right into the parking lots (there are two, so no worries if you miss the first one).  It has two climbing structures, lots of space, including some nice sloping play areas with trees, a tiny creek, and a huge paved loop around a baseball field for scooters, (and bathrooms).
   Hope to see you there, Cynthia and Gavin (12)

winand_hw

Jan 16, 2012, 3:04:53 PM1/16/12
to MB...@yahoogroups.com

Is the Nerf battle Park Day actually happening? If so please reply to confirm.

Thanks!

Harry & Alexandra Winand with kids Shane, Joshua, and James

--- In MB...@yahoogroups.com, Cynthia Adams <cynthiaannadams@...> wrote:

> Hi Sabine, none of us could do Monday next week, Tuesdays are usually easier.
> But Dennis the Menace is closed on Tuesdays, when Monterey schools are in
> session, which is why we ended up there yesterday.
> We all agreed we would meet on Tuesday next week, 1/17. No time was
> mentioned, but usually people show up around 1-1:30PM. Via Paraiso Park is in
> Old Monterey, at the corners of Via Paraiso and Herrmann Drive or Via Paraiso
> and Via Gayuba. Easiest way from downtown Monterey, from Pacific St., is to
> turn up Martin St., go all the way up the hill, stay to the right as Martin
> becomes Via Gayuba, and the park will be on your right. Turn right at the first
> stop sign, onto Via Paraiso, and as you curve to the right, you can go right
> into the parking lots (there are two, so no worries if you miss the first one).
> It has two climbing structures, lots of space, including some nice sloping play
> areas with trees, a tiny creek, and a huge paved loop around a baseball field
> for scooters, (and bathrooms).
> Hope to see you there, Cynthia and Gavin (12)

.