Looking for feedback on continuing the season

Ben Davis

Mar 12, 2020, 3:04:19 PM3/12/20
to thes...@googlegroups.com
All,

As many schools are being sent home and/or put on travel restrictions. I would like to get your feed back on 2 things.

1. your schools current status
2. Thoughts on calling an end to the season now. While MSU has not been official canceled, if no teams can travel or participate then what would be the point of putting on the race.

Please let me know your thoughts

Thanks,
Ben

Legeai, Randall J

Mar 12, 2020, 3:26:45 PM3/12/20
to gfor...@gmail.com, thes...@googlegroups.com

Tulane:  The last day for regular classes is today. All classes are cancelled for next week when all on-campus students must move out. Classes will resume after that in online-only format through the remainder of the semester. All scheduled conferences, meetings, and events with more than 50 people are cancelled.

Mar 12, 2020, 3:33:46 PM3/12/20
to Legeai, Randall J, gfor...@gmail.com, thes...@googlegroups.com
Latest update as of an hour ago: MSU is transitioning to all online classes following spring break. The merits of hosting or attending vs canceling conferences, sports matchups, and other campus events are going to be continually be considered as the situation evolves.

Best regards,
Charlie Zamastil
Director, MSU Cycling

(Sent from my mobile, probably)

Scott Banville

Mar 12, 2020, 4:10:38 PM3/12/20
to Charlie Zamastil, Legeai, Randall J, gfor...@gmail.com, thes...@googlegroups.com
Nicholls is doing a test of online only instruction on Monday. As of now we are open. The situation remains fluid.

Our athletic conference (Southland) has cancelled the basketball tournament and the softball season has been postponed.

--
Scott D. Banville, Ph.D.
Lorio Endowed Professor of Languages & Literature

Scott Banville

Mar 12, 2020, 4:20:03 PM3/12/20
to Charlie Zamastil, Legeai, Randall J, gfor...@gmail.com, thes...@googlegroups.com
Update. All of our Athletics programs are cancelled through April 30th; it's a Southland Conference decision. We're not technically part of the Athletics program, but....

Scott D. Banville

Mar 12, 2020, 7:13:23 PM3/12/20
to zama...@gmail.com, Legeai, Randall J, gfor...@gmail.com, thes...@googlegroups.com
Nicholls is going online only starting on Monday. Campus is open but the situation remains fluid. Likely we won’t be traveling.

Sent from my iPhone

UTDComet Cycling

Mar 12, 2020, 8:17:02 PM3/12/20
to gfor...@gmail.com, thes...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

UT Dallas is extending spring break an additional week and subsequently moving classes to an online-only format. All club sports practices have been cancelled for the rest of the year. I believe the same applies for club travel.

Regards,
Serge Martinez

Ben Davis

Mar 12, 2020, 8:17:45 PM3/12/20
to UTDComet Cycling, thes...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the update.

Oklahoma Cycling

Mar 12, 2020, 8:52:37 PM3/12/20
to Ben Davis, UTDComet Cycling, thes...@googlegroups.com
OU is transitioning all of its classes online for the two weeks following Spring Break (if not longer). All athletic events have been cancelled, including all club events through April 5th (if not longer). It would not be possible for us to travel to the MSU race.

Jared Johnson
OU Cycling Advisor

Ben Davis

Mar 12, 2020, 9:01:09 PM3/12/20