The Frontstretch Newsletter: Wayne Taylor Racing Wins the Rolex 24

Frontstretch.com

Jan 30, 2017, 9:30:45 PM1/30/17
to The Frontstretch
THE FRONTSTRETCH NEWSLETTER
Presented by Frontstretch.com
The Best Seat at the Track, The Best View on the Net!
Jan. 30, 2017
Volume XI, Edition V

~~~~~~~~~~

What to Watch: January 30-February 5

- There is an open test session this week at Phoenix International Raceway.  A number of teams will be in attendance to test out things ahead of the season. This will mark the first time that Daniel Suarez will drive a Cup car.

- The Driver Rewind series has concluded at Frontstretch.  Here are all of the reviews in one place for your viewing pleasure.

~~~~~~~~~~
Editor's Note: For 2017, we are implementing a Question of the Day on our Twitter page.  Results of Twitter questions will be posted in each edition of the Frontstretch Newsletter.  During the season, we'll only have one group of results per day.  However, last week's Question of the Day results are listed below.

Question of the Day Results:

SUNDAY, Jan. 29

Well, we've got a little under four hours to go and three cars on the lead lap. Who do you think wins [the Rolex 24 at Daytona]?

9% - Action Express Racing No. 5 Cadillac DPi-V.R.
77% - Wayne Taylor Racing No. 10 Cadillac DPi-V.R.
9% - Visit Florida Racing No. 90 Riley Mk. 30-Gibson
5% - Someone else

SATURDAY, Jan. 28

What kind of class setup should be used for GT racing in IMSA?

43% - Current setup (GTLM/GTD)
57% - 1 Large GT Class

WEDNESDAY, Jan. 25

With all the changes in NASCAR this year, will your favorite driver be racing in 2017 and if not, will you still watch?

47% - Going strong!
28% - It's Junior--he's back!
13% - He's out, but I'll watch
12% - He's out & I won't watch

TUESDAY, Jan. 24

Who you think is the early NASCAR Rookie of the year favorite?

70% - Eric Jones
28% - Daniel Suarez
2%   - Ty Dillon
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This week's TV Schedule can be found
here.

Top News
by the Frontstretch Staff

Gray Gaulding, Corey LaJoie Announce Partial Cup Schedules with BK Racing

On Tuesday, BK Racing announced that Gray Gaulding will drive the majority of the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series season in the No. 23 Toyota starting at Atlanta.  Corey LaJoie will drive the No. 83 part-time.  Read more

Wayne Taylor Racing Earns Rolex 24 Victory Despite Late Contact

Last weekend, Wayne Taylor Racing won the Rolex 24 at Daytona with the driver lineup of Jeff Gordon, Max Angelelli and the Taylor brothers (Jordan and Ricky).  Performance Tech Motorsports won Prototype Challenge, Ford Chip Ganassi Racing's No. 66 won GT Le Mans and Alegra Motorsports won GT Daytona.  Read more

Bodymotion Racing Wins BMW Endurance Challenge at Daytona

On Friday, Bodymotion Racing's Trent Hindman and Cameron Cassels won the season-opening BMW Endurance Challenge at Daytona for the IMSA Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge.  MINI JCW Team's Derek Jones and Mat Pombo won the Street Tuner class.  Read more

Have news for The Frontstretch?  Don't hesitate to let us know; email us at phil.a...@frontstretch.com with a promising lead or tip.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ON FRONTSTRETCH IN THE PAST WEEK:

by Zach Catanzareti

by the Frontstretch Staff

by Zach Catanzareti

by Amy Henderson

FRONTSTRETCH TRIVIA:

Q: Recently, Daytona International Speedway announced that the former Sprint Unlimited will be called the Advance Auto Parts Clash at Daytona in 2017.  That particular race has had a number of formats over the years.  What was the original format when the race began back in 1979?

Check back Tuesday for the answer, here in the Frontstretch Newsletter!

Friday's Answer:

Q:  In 1997, Dyson Racing won their first Rolex 24 at Daytona.  However, that win came despite a serious issue that seemed to crop up like clockwork in future years. What was it?

A: Late in the race, Dyson Racing's Riley & Scott Mk. III started smoking due to an oiling issue.  The team had to come into the pit multiple times to add oil to the car.  The next year, the exact same issue happened.  That issue, along with a look back at 1997, can be seen here.

COMING THIS WEEK AT FRONTSTRETCH:
We'll have breaking news in the world of motorsports.
Talk back to the Frontstretch Newsletter!
Got something to say about an article you've seen in the newsletter? It's as easy as replying directly to this message or sending an email to edi...@frontstretch.com. We'll take the best comments and publish them here!
©2017 Frontstretch.com