PYSCHEDELIC POSTER AUCTION - JEFF SHERO NIGHTBYRD

51 kali dilihat
Langsung ke pesan pertama yang belum dibaca

Jefff Shero Nightbyrd

belum dibaca,
2 Des 2015, 16.56.3502/12/15
kepadaTexas Psych

Jeff Shero Nightbyrd Collection by Burley Auction

Be sure to click on the short Woodstock video on the front page. https://vimeo.com/139958176

“Hell with the stock market. Whenever I had any extra money I bought posters from my friends. Artists defined the counter culture era but the artists never had money. So I bought what I  loved.” - JEFF

Friends,

After collecting posters for 50 years I decided I needed money and am putting a bunch up for auction with a reputable outfit that recently did the Armadillo World Headquarters extravaganza.  If you would, please forward this to any friends that might be interested.

Here’s the link: http://www.burleyauction.com

BLAH BLAH FROM THE STRAIGHT PRESS RELEASE:

After winning Best Columnist in the Southwest at the Daily Texan, in 1964 Jeff helped found the Austin RAG. In 1968 he founded RAT Subterranean News in New York, edited the Los Angeles Free Press, and even had a stint running the Plains Georgia Monitor while Jimmy Carter was President. Later he worked as a columnist for both the Austin Chronicle and the Austin Statesman.

“I loved when the underground Artists would bring weird (As in Keep Austin Weird) creations for my papers. Sometimes they would sign one on the spot. I was lucky to live in a lightning point of history.”

Among the featured artists in the collection are Gilbert Shelton from the Vulcan Gas Co, signed Jim Franklins of Armadillo World Headquarters, Jack Jaxon’s complete American Indian series, early Punk Frank Kozik’s, colorful Austin Carnival/Mardi Gras posters,The Austin Chronicle Texas Music Awards posters including #1 & #2, Ralph Steadman’s signed, famous limited edition nude of Janis Joplin, large original 60’s Peter Max psychedelic creations, the Complete (24) singed and numbered RAT poster series, a large Pablo Picasso Peace poster, many signed San Francisco posters  including Moscoso, Mouse & Griffin, rare Antone’s Juneteenth poster, Many Soap Creek, Continental, Cannibal Club & Rauls’ posters, The very earliest underground comics ( Furry Freak Bros.) plus unique, rare ephemera including many one of a kinds.

Burley Auction is presenting this unique collection starting 10 AM Saturday, December 5th. Burley Auction Gallery 134 Deborah Dr., New Braunfels, Tx.  78130.

FINAL Burley Press Release #4.doc
Balas ke semua
Balas ke penulis
Teruskan