VS2015 RTM + TDD.NET Beta 3

Michael Ketting

Jul 22, 2015, 6:42:18 AM7/22/15
to TestDriven.NET Users
Hi Jamie!

I've just updated a VS2015 RC installation to RTM and installed Beta 3 of TDD.NET. There is no entry in the options for TestDriven.NET like it's in VS2013. Is this a known issue with VS2015 or just some weird stuff due to previously installed RC versions?

Best regards, Michael

Jamie Cansdale

Jul 22, 2015, 4:10:43 PM7/22/15
to TestDriven.NET Users
Hi Michael,

This is a known issue when running on VS 2015. TestDriven.Net runs as
a package on VS 2015 whereas on all previous versions it ran as an
add-in. Unfortunately the way options pains are implemented for
packages is very different than for add-ins. I haven't re-written the
options pane code yet.

As a workaround, you can simply use the options pane in an earlier
version of Visual Studio. TestDriven.Net shares its settings between
versions of Visual Studio.

Thanks for the feedback and let me know if you find any other issues.

Regards,
Jamie.

--
http://www.testdriven.net
http://twitter.com/jcansdale

Michael Ketting

Jul 23, 2015, 2:57:57 AM7/23/15
to TestDriven.NET Users
Ah, yes, thanks. Sadly, don't have an earlier version installed on that particular machine :/
Just for reference: wanted to debug x86 vs x64 but in the end, I maanged to extrapolate the issue without debugging both runtimes :)

> Thanks for the feedback and let me know if you find any other issues.
Will do! Am still preferring TDD.NET over the R# test runner. The test-based UI is just so much more explicit to me :)

~Michael