from Charles (Chuck) DiFazio

CHARLES DI FAZIO

Nov 13, 2012, 7:28:31 PM11/13/12
to Terr...@googlegroups.com
My randfather, Paulo DiFazio was born in Terracina coming to the states around 1912 or 1913. In Italy he was a fisherman. Here he became a brick mason. His father and mother were Pasquale and Rosa DiFazio. Pasquale was a shoemaker in Terracina.I would like to research the family tree but don't speak Italian. Are there any internet sites that would permit me to research records from Terracina in English from the comfort of my own home? Are there any of you out there that know the DiFazio name from Terracina? Are any of you related to the DiFazios from Terracina? Have any of you begun geneological searches of the family DiFazio? Would you share your findings?
     Any information would be appreciated.

Chuck DiFazio

"Dove tu non sei, la luce manca. Dove tu sei nasce l'amore"
Where you are not, the Light is missing. Where you are, Love is born"

Paolo Giannetti

Nov 16, 2012, 9:12:12 AM11/16/12
to terr...@googlegroups.com, Terr...@googlegroups.com, charles_...@sbcglobal.net
Hello, there are no digital archives. To do research so far back in time should meet someone of Fazio family that keeps track of the ancestors or to go in the archives of the Bishop (normally closed to the public) that are located on the town hall square. At this link you can see in the phone book the "di fazio" currently present in terracina http://www.paginebianche.it/ricerca?qs=di+fazio&dv=Terracina

This however is the link with the spread of the surname in Italian regions:

the name have a common origin with this others:
FAZI
FAZII
FAZIO
FAZZI
Fazzio
Fazio

Fazi is typical of the band comprising of central Marche, Umbria, Lazio, and Aquila, Fazii is almost unique, Fazio is present throughout southern Italy and northern Europe, Fazzi, more rare, has strains in Salento, nell'ennese in Tuscany and in the north, Fazzio, rare is the Catania, derived from the medieval name "Fatius" apheresis medieval name Bonifatius, of which we have an example with Bonifazius (Bonifatius) from Canossa vassal of Emperor Otto III in the eleventh century.

P.S. sorry for the quality of my English but I'm using google tranlsator.