I'm a little confused (understatement of the month)

Robert Rosenwald

Jun 17, 2024, 4:16:24 AMJun 17
to Tasker
Among the many questions I have:

  1. What is the difference between buying a license direct and through the play store?
  2. Do I need a license to fully use Tasker? I'm more than happy to pay for one, I just don't know what a license gives me.
  3. Is there a separate license, or fee, to use AutoNotification?
  4. Is Patreon just a "pay whatever you want" collection system?

João Dias

Jun 17, 2024, 5:16:07 AMJun 17
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi! Thanks for asking!

  1. Check here: https://tasker.joaoapps.com/userguide/en/faqs/faq-direct-purchase.html
  2. Yes you do. Either the direct-purchase version or the Play Store version
  3. Yes, AutoNotification has a separate license
  4. Patreon is the way to pay for direct-purchase licenses. It's not "pay whatever you want" though. A license is $4.
Hope this clarifies things!

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias

Robert Rosenwald

Jun 17, 2024, 1:39:08 PMJun 17
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for getting back to me.

I am NOT a programmer. I'm a 79 year-old technophile who generally can get a computer to do for me what I need. After working much of the weekend I finally managed to get Tasker to automatically reduce the notification volume when a couple of specific contacts who already have their own notification sound, text me.

A couple of follow-up questions:
  1. Again, I'm perfectly happy paying for Tasker. Is there a way for me to tell if I already have paid (possibly several years ago as Rob...@perfectniche.com)?
  2. Why would one "Join for Free"? What does that provide?
  3. If I initially "Join for Free", is it just a matter of clicking on one of the other memberships to change from free or is there a different app to download?
Thank you.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Tasker" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tasker/CAG6Z%2BFeW%2BsVxbU1BK0%2BNaiRzCt%3DmW3x%2B8nr3JR6erD5HOw-GSA%40mail.gmail.com.