Automate sending a response to an incoming text in certain cases

SweetTasha

Jan 29, 2024, 5:07:46 AMJan 29
to Tasker
I sometimes see a message similar to this: "For safety, I've activated Focus-assist, as I'm driving." I want to send a similar response when I get a text message in certain situations, including but not limited to when I am driving.
A user at forum "Android Central" recommended to try Tasker.

Thanks for your help,
SweetTasha

Dan Muller

Jan 29, 2024, 11:51:50 AMJan 29
to Tasker
This is pretty straightforward to do. You'll create a profile that is triggered by the Received Text event.

Call a task that includes a Send SMS action block. Within that, use %SMSRF in the Number field (this is the number of the sender of the last text message that came in). Type your message in the Message field. You can use the If option within the block to set the condition (such as, connected to your car's Bluetooth), or if you have some complex condition, you might want to use an If/Else/Endif structure within the task.

Robert Rosenwald

Jun 28, 2024, 9:02:17 PM (2 days ago) Jun 28
to Tasker
I get a lot of SPAM text messages for which I Block the sender and report as SPAM. Every time I do this I get back a message from my cell phone provider, Verizon, that begins with "VZW FREE MSG: Thank you...." and I get notified as well with the message appearing as Unread. I'm sure Tasker could mute the notification sound and then return to full volume and also that it could mark the message as read, but I have no idea how to do this. Any help would be much appreciated.