Restoring backup from Direct Purchase Tasker to Google Play Tasker - error when backup contains crypt Actions

francwalter

May 19, 2024, 2:31:22 PMMay 19
to Tasker
Hello
Some weeks ago I switched from Direct Purchase Tasker version ("DP") to Google Play Tasker ("GP"), and had only after some weeks weird issues: many Tasks and Scenes just vanished.
Restoring backups didnt work, I got the error:

Error: couldn't read backup data, sorry.

After a while I suspected my switch to GP Tasker the culprit, uninstalled Tasker totally and installed DP Tasker again, could restore my backup and all was back.
After contacting Joao he hinted me to search for (DP-Tasker) encryption actions in my backup and indeed there was just one (even disabled) encryption action left in my backup.
I searched in the xml backup for encryption Action Codes with:

<code>(434|435|436|437|423|428|429)</code>

So I deleted this action, did an actual backup and switched back to GP. I could now restore the actual backup and all worked again with the GP Tasker :)

So if anybody has such weird issues with DP to GP switch, that could be it.
Thank.frank