Autoinput isn't able to query element IDs from Chrome or Webviews from version 122 and abive

marcof...@gmail.com

May 29, 2024, 1:41:41 AMMay 29
to Tasker
Title basically.

If I downgrade Chrome or Android Webview to 121 version or older Autoinput is able to query and do actions in element IDs from webpages, but from version 122 and above it's not able to do so by itself.

I think it's related to an Accessibility change Chromium devs did from 122 version to improve performance. You can check more about this here: https://issues.chromium.org/issues/328681381

Now The weird thing is Touchtask (Autoinput clone) is able to query element IDs on recent versions of chrome and Webview and it seems that if I enable some Apps Accessibility Services (not every app works, but Alarmy app accessibility service worked for this for example) at the same time as Autoinput, it manages to query element IDs without any problem (I think it's because some Apps force Accessibility Service to work all the time so Webviews are forced to show element IDs). So atm that's the workaround I'm using but I'm looking a in a proper fix if possible.

Maybe can you check into it?