Barbados tourism's key secret to success

1 view

KNRX

Apr 24, 2011, 10:05:49 PM4/24/11
to Tamarind Tree Lime
“Barbados has a unique tourism product with a high repeat visitor
component, which is perhaps higher than any other Caribbean island.
The love for Barbados is what I believe made the timeshare market so
successful in the 1980s. ... The success of the timeshare market may
even have been the precursor of the condominium market, which is the
fastest-growing segment of our tourism product during the last 10 to
15 years.”

This statement, according to Alvin Jemmott, General Manager of Divi
Southwinds Beach Resort and former President of the Barbados Hotel and
Tourism Association, along with the diverse nature of the Barbadian
tourism product and its ability to source and negotiate new
opportunities are the key reasons for its success, even during these
current economic times.

Speaking at the annual Sir Harold St. John lecture, which was held at
the Christ Church Parish Church Centre on Wednesday, Jemmott outlined
how the growth of the timeshare industry has led to one of the most
buoyant markets today..."

More: http://www.eturbonews.com/22466/barbados-tourisms-key-secret-success